Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you wearing today??

crazydaisy

Practically Family
Jannie, I truly can't remember...Do you think anyone would do such a knot knowingly??...If by any chance I manage to repeat the performance, I'll make sure I pay attention to the "technique" :)

Marc Chevalier

Gone Home
... is there any chance at replicating the cap?

I looked into it. The answer is ... probably not. Unfortunately.

In any event, I wouldn't be satisfied unless the repro caps could be made with this vintage 1920s-'30s silhouette:

Cap4-1.jpg

Last edited:

The Wiser Hatter

I'll Lock Up
I looked into it. The answer is ... probably not. Unfortunately.

In any event, I wouldn't be satisfied unless the repro caps could be made with this vintage 1920s-'30s silhouette:

Cap4-1.jpg

The cap has a good bill to 8 panel ratio I like the bill of the cap to show like this. I watch for them Marc I will have some.:)

Might have to check around to the custom cap makers about this style.

Widebrim

I'll Lock Up
You've seen this suit before but the accessories are different today. The picture quality isn't the greatest, but you should get the general idea.

I'm sporting my Knox 20, which I bought from fellow lounger, Tom-in-Perris.

The cuff links are from a colleauge, whose father recently passed on. He used to wear them in the 1950s.

The shirt and tie are new, from Harry Rosen. The tie is more of a gold, with tiny light blue specs in it. I realize the pocket square shouldn't be an exact match, but I'm working on something to highlight the blue in the tie.

I decided to shave the beard and go with a pencil 'stache for awhile. I hope it's not too cheesy!

6350927308_d21b706641_b.jpg

Hey, a pencil 'stache goes a long way, Adam.

thunderw21

I'll Lock Up
Cassie and I had engagement photos taken 3 weeks ago. There's over 100 pics so here are 4 of my favorites. I'll post a few more up later.

CW006.jpg

CW054.jpg

CW056.jpg

CW026.jpg

Last edited:

Henry Gondorff

A-List Customer
Jannie, I truly can't remember...Do you think anyone would do such a knot knowingly??...If by any chance I manage to repeat the performance, I'll make sure I pay attention to the "technique" :)

Your tie knot reminds me of the edeity knot worn by the merovingian in the Matrix Reloaded - movie. At least it comes close. Watch this:

[video=youtube;1tVqtnM8izE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1tVqtnM8izE[/video]

Miss Tuppence

A-List Customer
1930’s blouse
and a early fifties skirt both made from original patterns.
30’s Celluloid brooch.
40’s brogues for walking out (obviously not seen!)

Tx

GEDC5169.JPG

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPR