Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you wearing today??

Flicka

One Too Many
My, you gentlemen look very stylish Herringbonekid, that suit is just gorgeous!

I do wish more men knew how to dress with panache...

Gorgeous Flicka!! I love that ladylike in tweed look! Your hair looks lovely by the way, i think the fact it looks natural and wavy complements the severity of your outfit perfectly. Well done.

Thank you! I have a bit of a tweed crush, actually. And today, for some reason, I had flawless waves. Super-crisp. I just don't understand my hair!

You have a little bit of Helena Bonham Carter about you ... very nice :)

Wow, I wish! Thank you!

SteveAS

Practically Family
L1040415.jpg
L1040414.jpg

Well done, HBK! It's clearly vintage, but it looks classic, rather than costumey.

Espee

Practically Family
This image seems to call for a desperate explanation/excuse, such as "I missed my bus, because it went by at least four minutes before it's supposed to! But I... I... I... won't let it happen again. Ma'am."
First go ever...

Me today (I snapped it myself with my camera phone so sorry for quality)

86a8af63.jpg

Tweed jacket, tweed A-line skirt, charcoal knitted polo, pearls and my grandmother's brooch. It's cold here today but I'm very snug in this.

For some reason my hair came out really weird today. Too few rollers is my guess.

Denso

New in Town
This was from yesterday. Not too dressy, but the tie is beautiful. Very ornate!

Pant, shirt, cap - modern
Tie and suspenders - 1930's
Pens - 1950's

IMG_20120125_133818.jpg

IMG_20120125_123922.jpg

IMG_20120125_122816.jpg

Two Types

I'll Lock Up
Yesterday was my 20th wedding anniversary. So we went out for the evening and I wore the same suit I wore for our wedding. I've put on weight, so it doesn't fit as well (plus the suit shrank slightly after an incident in a rain storm), but at least it still fits comfortably. I didn't wear the original tie since it needs cleaning, but I wore one that was a close match. I also wore very similar boots - the original ones had been eaten by our old pet dog! (Before you ask, no my wife didn't wear her wedding dress!)

IMG_1292.jpg

IMG_1286.jpg

Here's me in the suit in 1992:
weddingsuit0001.jpg

You'll notice the left sleeve appears long - I was between shoulder injuries when the suit was made and have been plagued with shoulder problems for the last 20 years. I choose not to think about it these days. I guarantee that if I had all my sleeve lengths changed I would be guaranteed to have another accident and find myself back under the surgeons knife!

Last edited:

Gene

Practically Family
I like your tie and clip (I have a couple different sword clips myself!)

Here's me, well, yesterday. Wearing my incredible "new" Hollywood jacket courtesy of my exchange with Nick (resortes805)!
IMG_0566a.jpg

Bugsy

One Too Many
Yesterday was my 20th wedding anniversary. So we went out for the evening and I wore the same suit I wore for our wedding. I've put on weight, so it doesn't fit as well (plus the suit shrank slightly after an incident in a rain storm), but at least it still fits comfortably. I didn't wear the original tie since it needs cleaning, but I wore one that was a close match. I also wore very similar boots - the original ones had been eaten by our old pet dog! (Before you ask, no my wife didn't wear her wedding dress!)

IMG_1292.jpg

IMG_1286.jpg

Here's me in the suit in 1992:
weddingsuit0001.jpg

You'll notice the left sleeve appears long - I was between shoulder injuries when the suit was made and have been plagued with shoulder problems for the last 20 years. I choose not to think about it these days. I guarantee that if I had all my sleeve lengths changed I would be guaranteed to have another accident and find myself back under the surgeons knife!

You look terrific in that suit even after 20 years. You are a very romantic gentleman. CONGRATULATIONS!!

metropd

One Too Many
My webcam seems to be suffering from the same problem as Mario's camera...
165958.jpg

170050.jpg

170711.jpg

-American 50s suit (it's actually dove grey with red flecks)
-British 50s waistcoat (charcoal grey with a windowpane check)
-50s tie
-60s cufflinks

Alan, my dear friend your style has evolved drastically over the past few years. You are spot on.

avedwards

Call Me a Cab
Alan, my dear friend your style has evolved drastically over the past few years. You are spot on.
Thank you my friend. My wardrobe has grown exponentially in the last few years, allowing my style to expand with it.

I wore this earlier to do a few errands in town to prepare for my new job on Monday (such as buy some more ties :p):
img1485w.jpg

img1493k.jpg

img1490a.jpg

-50s jacket
-Trousers to a 40s suit
-50s tie
-50s/60s tie clip (came complimentary with the two ties I bought)
-60s/70s overcoat
-Not visible: brown suede shoes

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot