Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you wearing today??

Miss Tuppence

A-List Customer
643982_492310680790450_1327961754_n.jpg

My togs for the weekend- (sorry about the bad picture!:()

fashion frank

One Too Many
FF, How long have you been playing? I started a coupe of years ago, but at my age the fingers don't move like the youngsters' do.

I have been playing the pipes since 1995 ,but really started to play at band level and not so much solo in the last three years , and your right the older you get the tuffer it gets [huh].

The bands link is www.rihighlanders.org we are a tight knit group ,and we have a great time together !

All the Best ,Fashion Frank

fashion frank

One Too Many
Off to See The Tailor.

This is what I refer to as my "doing the chores /running errands " clothes .
The fedora I got for like $20.00 buck and like to wear this one "low brim,lowbrow , gangster style" .

The Jacket is the real deal navy peacoat that my older brother who was on the gold crew in a submarine gave to me , and its warm as hell and the collar will meet just at the brim of the hat, its great.

All the Best ,Fashion Frank

DSCN1241.jpg

DSCN1243.jpg

DSCN1244.jpg

herringbonekid

I'll Lock Up
shopcoat_b.jpg

40s European shirt, 40s English tank top,
30s tie and shopcoat (both French).

(there's a bit of ghost-reflection down the side of one shirt collar edge. don't be alarmed)

Last edited:

Gin&Tonics

Practically Family
40s European shirt, 40s English tank top,
30s tie and shopcoat (both French).
(there's a bit of ghost-reflection down the side of one shirt collar edge. don't be alarmed)

May I ask if you do modeling, Hkid? You have a very dramatic, striking appearance and your sense of posing and even lighting and camera work is very good. I could see you being very successful in that field if you aren't already in it.

herringbonekid

I'll Lock Up
May I ask if you do modeling, Hkid?

i'm very flattered but no; i'm honestly not photogenic. photogenic people (i've learnt) are ones who you can take dozens of photos of and there will almost never be a bad shot.
most of the time i look pale and worn out... it takes great patience and planning to get a decent shot of me (i'm not being modest, it's true). :)

Mario

I'll Lock Up
most of the time i look pale and worn out... it takes great patience and planning to get a decent shot of me (i'm not being modest, it's true). :)

Sounds familiar; I usually take six shots or so before I get one that's only even halfway acceptable. Or not. The pixelation of my camera doesn't help either and then of course there is the fact thai I always feel like a mouse staring at a snake in the presence of a camera... ;)

All that said G&T is spot-on in his observation.

fashion frank

One Too Many
May I ask if you do modeling, Hkid? You have a very dramatic, striking appearance and your sense of posing and even lighting and camera work is very good. I could see you being very successful in that field if you aren't already in it.

Wow funny that you should say that , I was thinking of Errold Flynn when looking at his profile ,picture etc etc.

All the Best , Fashion Frank

Flat Foot Floey

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I don't know. Don't think they are exactly the same pictures but same source for sure. Could be part one and two of a collection.

They are both getting too expensive now. I wish I had bought one of them for about 40 euros when they were new.

Mountain Man

A-List Customer
HBK - You have got the "period" look naturally - in black & white, your physique and face could fall right in with any number of 1920's-40's photos. I would also say a lot of folks looked a bit pale and worn - the city dwellers and office workers, anyhow.

i'm very flattered but no; i'm honestly not photogenic. photogenic people (i've learnt) are ones who you can take dozens of photos of and there will almost never be a bad shot.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner