Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you wearing today??

howardeye

Practically Family
Great looking gray hat splintercellsz! How did you get the brim to go straight out like that? I would like to do that to a Homburg I have.

Thanks for the compliment nice hat dude. You guys almost revealed a biker's best kept secret that we only have one set of clothes! I lost track of our guitar discussion awhile back and that is I do not know of any Gibson with a maple top. Sorry for the delay.

nice hat dude!

One Too Many
Great looking gray hat splintercellsz! How did you get the brim to go straight out like that? I would like to do that to a Homburg I have.

Thanks for the compliment nice hat dude. You guys almost revealed a biker's best kept secret that we only have one set of clothes! I lost track of our guitar discussion awhile back and that is I do not know of any Gibson with a maple top. Sorry for the delay.

Thanks on the Guitar reply and one outfit aint bad as long as you have lots of hats.

splintercellsz

I'll Lock Up
Thats for the compliments, Howard (may I say wyou are looking quite dapper in the suit I saw earlier!)

To get the brim like that, I steamed it, and immidiately but the hat brin on a flat surface, and pressed it flat with my palms, and kept doing that until I had the shape I liked :)

howardeye

Practically Family
Thank you and for the suit compliment also. I with I could button the jacket. My gut is now too large. I will try the steaming of the brim. I saw a Clint Eastwood movie the other day and he had the straightest brim I have ever seen. I think he was a sheriff after they tried to hang him. A great look!

nice hat dude!

One Too Many
Thank you and for the suit compliment also. I with I could button the jacket. My gut is now too large. I will try the steaming of the brim. I saw a Clint Eastwood movie the other day and he had the straightest brim I have ever seen. I think he was a sheriff after they tried to hang him. A great look!

"Hang Em High",became the Marshall after they stretched his neck,yup that's one flat brim on that one.

Last edited:

Evan Everhart

A-List Customer
Thank you, Evan!

I really am digging your suit & hat!! Nice look!

Thanks sir! I was wondering, your suit in your avatar pic, is it plaid, or is that the finish of the image, and also, does your waist-coat in your avatar pic have lapels or is that just the regular rumpling of your waist-coat? (That happens to me all the time) Just curious, the image is intentionally grainy for that period look, yeah? Either way, lookin' great! and Nice hat!

Last edited:

Orgetorix

Call Me a Cab
'20s themed party last night.

E0D39309-F9B6-4CF6-87C1-433B5126E057-7049-000002E401A6DEB9.jpg
E3080E9A-0AA4-4DCA-8E68-7185F04F5747-7049-000002E90390BFB9.jpg

Miss Tuppence

A-List Customer
Hi Miss Tuppence! I just remembered; somewhere I've got a photograph of my grandmother and my mother's godmother back in the very late 1930s or early 1940s floating around....My grandmother's wearing a suit that is very similar to yours in your photo there! I think her friend may be wearing something similar as well, but with cow-boy boots (it was taken in New Mexico).

Sounds like a great photo:)- my suit was made from an early 40's pattern and I think my grandma had a similar suit too. It's a great everyday style.

Herringbonekid, Fashion Frank, V.C.Brunswick and Evan Everhart, thank you very much.
I’m very lucky to have a mother willing to make me such items – I can assure you I have placed more orders!

splintercellsz

I'll Lock Up
Thanks sir! I was wondering, your suit in your avatar pic, is it plaid, or is that the finish of the image, and also, does your waist-coat in your avatar pic have lapels or is that just the regular rumpling of your waist-coat? (That happens to me all the time) Just curious, the image is intentionally grainy for that period look, yeah? Either way, lookin' great! and Nice hat!

The suit is a 1930's Glen Plaid suit. The waist-coat is lapel-less. And yes, I made it grainy for the look! The hat in my avatar is a 1930's Stetson Special.

Last edited:

Evan Everhart

A-List Customer
The suit is a 1930's Glen Plaid suit. The waist-coat is lapel-less. And yes, I made it grainy for the look! The hat in my avatar is a 1930's Stetson Special.

Good Stuff! Spot on! The suit looks like it would lend itself well to a lilac, purple (striped only), or pink coloured, patterned, or striped shirt, or a deep piney green striped one! I just saw some beautiful Thomas Pink spread collared shirts fitting the exact description of the latter, over at Nordstrom's the other day. I was drooling over it, but the availability of the sizing there was simply beyond shoddy. Thanks for the response sir! Keep up the good style!

GoldenEraFan

One Too Many
What I wore to a Christmas party at my old job the other night.

1926 dated suit, NRA label overcoat, '20s glasses, '50s homburg, '40s tie, paul fredrick club collar shirt, 1910's cufflinks, AE cap toes and a collar bar of unknown vintage.

CIMG3939_zps11216b1a.jpg

CIMG3945_zps2f11abe8.jpg

The present I got from the "White elephant" secret santa party.
CIMG3941_zps7ffc64fb.jpg

Last edited:

Miss Tuppence

A-List Customer
What I wore to a Christmas party at my old job the other night.

1926 dated suit, NRA label overcoat, '20s glasses, '50s homburg, '40s tie, paul fredrick club collar shirt, 1910's cufflinks, AE cap toes and a collar bar of unknown vintage.

CIMG3939_zps11216b1a.jpg

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again…, looking very dapper Mr.

Miss Tuppence

A-List Customer
GEDC0277.JPG

Outfit for today. I haven't worked out the age of the coat yet (prob. 40's or 50's), but I just had to have it because of the colour!
The black velvet hat is 30's and the shoes are modern.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner