Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you wearing today??

HamilcarBarca3

One of the Regulars
This is probably the most igent thing one could do but it's all good :) Wore this today at church.

4bbXBqc.jpg

TSP13

Familiar Face
Here's a couple more photos from our night out at the Lake Lure Inn:

My son and daughter-in-law.

Enjoying a Grey Goose Martini, while my wife enjoys a Margarita (which I usually drink at least half for her). It's a hard job, but someone has to do it.

I just realized I been to lake lure dozens of times, I live pretty close to the state line. I have never been to dine there though, I'll have to check it out once I get a nice after six outfit.

Papperskatt

Practically Family
Some recent fits of mine.

First out is from yesterday. The jacket is from the 20s and the tie is made by me.

View attachment 15426 View attachment 15427 View attachment 15428 View attachment 15429 View attachment 15430

Second, midsummer in Sweden. Pre 1910 suit and 1920s navy waistcoat. Black derby shoes. I probably should've buttoned the last button on the waistcoat.

View attachment 15431 View attachment 15432 View attachment 15433 View attachment 15434

And lastly, third, on my brothers graduation. Late 30s-early 40s navy db suit. Deadstock 40s shirt with pink stripes and a stiff spearpoint collar from Darcy.

View attachment 15437 View attachment 15438 View attachment 15439

Fastuni

Call Me a Cab
Great. You wear that German "Kaiser Wilhelm"-suit very well - makes me happy every time that you got it.
The waistcoat complements it nicely.

herringbonekid

I'll Lock Up
nice outfits Papperskatt. i like the first one best, and the second 1910s look suits you (i think a black bowler hat would really work well with that outfit too).

p.s. i'm not convinced that the hat goes with the last outfit, but just my humble opinion. :)

Retro Spectator

Practically Family
I am wearing my new Aris Allen slacks today. I wore them all last week, and they seem pretty sturdy. I like them. I wish there were more high rise pants. They are my new daily pants.
b5TUSJf.jpg

Papperskatt

Practically Family
Great. You wear that German "Kaiser Wilhelm"-suit very well - makes me happy every time that you got it.
The waistcoat complements it nicely.

nice outfits Papperskatt. i like the first one best, and the second 1910s look suits you (i think a black bowler hat would really work well with that outfit too).

p.s. i'm not convinced that the hat goes with the last outfit, but just my humble opinion. :)
Thanks very much to both of you. Fastuni, I can't tell you how happy that suit makes me. HBK, yes, I agree that it wasn't the ideal choice of hat for that suit. Unfortunately, due to my very small headwear collection, that was my only choice at the time.

Patrick Hall

Practically Family
Great looks Papperskatt! I love the way you've put your shirts and ties together. And the contrasting waistcoat with that pre-10's suit looks great. I feel like you are channeling Jude Law as Watson, whose performance nearly saves those sub-par American made Holmes movies with Robert Downey Jr. I actually like the brown bowler with the navy suit, though I would've opted for light brown shoes in that case. And I also think a black hat would look great with that second suit.

I am wearing my new Aris Allen slacks today.

They look good Retro Spectator - a fine purchase. Surprised you're having to use those metal teeth on your braces - did they not come with suspender buttons sewn into the waistband?

Last edited:

Retro Spectator

Practically Family
My suspenders do have the option to use the buttons as well, but I am afraid I cannot use them on these pants, as the pants unfortunately did not come with buttons. The teeth on the clips, however, are not metal. They are plastic. They do not seem to damage the pants.

Fastuni

Call Me a Cab
Use thicker waxed cotton thread (you can wax it yourself by rubbing the thread along a warm piece of wax).
Don't sew them too tightly to the waistband, but wind the thread to create a little shaft.

Of course you can also use polyester thread (more sturdy) - but make sure it's not the thin one.

Papperskatt

Practically Family
Great looks Papperskatt! I love the way you've put your shirts and ties together. And the contrasting waistcoat with that pre-10's suit looks great. I feel like you are channeling Jude Law as Watson, whose performance nearly saves those sub-par American made Holmes movies with Robert Downey Jr. I actually like the brown bowler with the navy suit, though I would've opted for light brown shoes in that case. And I also think a black hat would look great with that second suit.
Thank you very much. Especially for the part about the shirts and ties as I've been struggling with that in the past and still thinks that I have a lot to learn.

Jude Law as Watson was actually what got me into the Victorian/Edwardian style suits in the first place so that was a very appreciated comment. :eek:

Mountain Man

A-List Customer
The Lake Lure Inn opened in 1927. President Roosevelt (FDR), F. Scott Fitzgerald, and the like have visited there. In recent times, the movie "Dirty Dancing" was filmed there. It's a very nice place to go and relax. While white dinner jacket attire is certainly not the norm there, it was the perfect occasion for us to get dressed up and really enjoy an evening out. It's only about a 30 mile drive from where we live.

Here's a link for some more information: http://lakelure.com/

The wife and I used to go out to the Lake Lure Inn for Saturday night dancing to "Doc Deviney's Band" back when we were courting in the 80's - "Dirty Dancing" and the decline of the "Greatest Generation" kind of did in those dances, though....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points