Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you wearing today??

GHT

I'll Lock Up
You wear that Sussex cap so well and Mum's scarf, brilliant. But I just love the button down collar with the silk tie.

Paisley aloha shirt 001.JPG Paisley aloha shirt 002.JPG Green hat, pants and shirt 004 - Copy.JPG Green outfit 002.JPG
The weather, although sunny in the afternoon, is still quite chilly, not really Aloha shirt climes just yet. But, the shirt that Santa brought has been begging to be worn, since Christmas. Your scarf made me smile because the shirt does get a wear. The secret to that is not normally on show here. A woolen cardigan, no less, albeit in contrasting green.
I don't have a full length photo wearing this shirt, but it's teamed up with the shoes and trousers in the adjacent photo.

Edward

Bartender
You wear that Sussex cap so well and Mum's scarf, brilliant. But I just love the button down collar with the silk tie.

View attachment 489686 View attachment 489687 View attachment 489690 View attachment 489688
The weather, although sunny in the afternoon, is still quite chilly, not really Aloha shirt climes just yet. But, the shirt that Santa brought has been begging to be worn, since Christmas. Your scarf made me smile because the shirt does get a wear. The secret to that is not normally on show here. A woolen cardigan, no less, albeit in contrasting green.
I don't have a full length photo wearing this shirt, but it's teamed up with the shoes and trousers in the adjacent photo.

Thank-you! The shirt was one I bought a couple of years ago now, from the 'casual' end of the Tyrwhitt line. When I was heavier, as this particular cut (being sized xl - equating to the 17.5 I wore then and the 17 I wear now) was more flattering. I carried all my weight on my middle, and often ended up with shirts that fitted me in the body but were comically large on the neck as a result. This one avoided that. It's still good (for a four in hand at least) - I mostly wear it this way, barrel cuffs being idea under knitwear. With a blazer, I much prefer a double cuff.

The green looks great; that shade and those swirling vines remind me of Great Cthulu's tentacles! :)

GHT

I'll Lock Up
The green looks great; that shade and those swirling vines remind me of Great Cthulu's tentacles! :)
Ooh, that hit a nerve. Cthulhu is a fictional cosmic entity created by writer H.P. Lovecraft, but the teacher/priest at my Catholic school, who found out that I had actually cast eyes on Cthulhu, told me that eternal damnation awaits me.

Edward

Bartender
Ooh, that hit a nerve. Cthulhu is a fictional cosmic entity created by writer H.P. Lovecraft, but the teacher/priest at my Catholic school, who found out that I had actually cast eyes on Cthulhu, told me that eternal damnation awaits me.

Ha, oops! I well remember some of the church circles I moved in thinking me equally eternally damned because I played Dungeons & Dragons. Ironically, some of the worst of those who sought to 'other' such things faded away from the church long ago, while those of us who got into the D&D are still there!

GHT

I'll Lock Up
Clarke Chukka boots, RRL Slim Fit Selvedge jeans, pink Polo Oxford shirt, my WWII Navy issue peacoat, and Vuarnet Legend 06 sunglasses.
Love that Peacoat, it's not overcoat weather in the UK although it does get cold when the sun goes down. Still not warm enough for straw hats but the bespoke felt compliments the blazer just as good.
blue grey blazer 001.JPG

Anyone recognise the logo on the tie pin? I'm wearing matching cuff links.
They are a souvenir that Tina bought for me when we travelled on The Venice-Simplon-Orient Express.

MisplacedHillbilly

One of the Regulars
Technically I wore this yesterday,6X Justin statesman rebashed,Wrangler shirt, Tractor Supply suspenders,Noble Outftters pants, Clarks desert boots. I also considered my Botvela newsboy cap but the Justin won out for going to church.
20230318_103020.jpg

20230318_102929.jpg

Hard to find anything vintage in my sizes, so I use what I got to create the right vibe lol. My daily workwear usually consists of denim bib overalls.

spotmark

Familiar Face
Tecovas, The Jasper, smooth ostrich boots. RRL Slim Fit Selvedge jeans, Hank's Belts The Legend, Todd Snyder Favorite Oxford shirt, Voboom waistcoat, and a Seiko SSK003 watch.

Attachments

• 20230323_090222.jpg
    20230323_090222.jpg
    776.5 KB · Views: 75
Last edited:

GHT

I'll Lock Up
French Navy might be the ticket for that?

View attachment 501133

https://www.hatcentre.co.uk/index.php?route=product/product&path=153&product_id=143

I'm trying to figure out how to justify buying both this one and the same hat in regular navy.....
Thanks Edward, I will probably go for that, their max size is just right. Talking of justification, Fox Tailoring made me this magnificent sports blazer. How I love it.
green blazer silver pants 002.JPG
But then the blazer bug kicked in. All my working life has been spent in sombre, conservative suits. I would buy a couple in the January sales, they lasted throughout the year, to be replaced when January came around. I still work but no longer as the head honcho, so mode of dress is, more or less as I like, and I like sports blazers.
B&W1.jpg

Remember, these are made to measure, not cheap. Now bearing in mind that my wife Tina found me a maroon and gold blazer at a stall at some festival or other and when I took it along to Fox Tailoring, my tailor confirmed that it was a fine blazer, definitely made to measure and costing a considerable sum.
cravat red 003.JPG

So, Edward, justification. I haven't ordered another blazer, any justification could only be that the maroon one looks tired and jaded against my two new ones. Don't hold your breath, just keep an eye out for:
fabric red stripe - Copy.jpg

Edward

Bartender
Thanks Edward, I will probably go for that, their max size is just right. Talking of justification, Fox Tailoring made me this magnificent sports blazer. How I love it.
View attachment 501255
But then the blazer bug kicked in. All my working life has been spent in sombre, conservative suits. I would buy a couple in the January sales, they lasted throughout the year, to be replaced when January came around. I still work but no longer as the head honcho, so mode of dress is, more or less as I like, and I like sports blazers.
View attachment 501252
Remember, these are made to measure, not cheap. Now bearing in mind that my wife Tina found me a maroon and gold blazer at a stall at some festival or other and when I took it along to Fox Tailoring, my tailor confirmed that it was a fine blazer, definitely made to measure and costing a considerable sum.
View attachment 501254
So, Edward, justification. I haven't ordered another blazer, any justification could only be that the maroon one looks tired and jaded against my two new ones. Don't hold your breath, just keep an eye out for:
View attachment 501253

I love these. The DB cut is a nice touch, too - don't see many of those around in these sort of bold stripes.

GHT

I'll Lock Up
I love these. The DB cut is a nice touch, too - don't see many of those around in these sort of bold stripes.
Well, as any addict will tell you, it takes massive will power to stop. I just couldn't help myself, the tailor didn't help. In return for a photo session, the result of which he will choose to put on his website, (or not,) I was given a considerable discount.
fabric red stripe - Copy - Copy.jpg
This fabric has remained my choice, it will have a burgundy silk lining. The new blazer will have boxed pleated pockets, a double pleated back with half belt and two side vents. The tailor suggested a single breasted style, given all the elaborate detail and gold coloured brass buttons, double breasted would just be overkill. Besides the existing burgundy blazer is double breasted and the only place that is going is for refurbishment.

FOXTROT LAMONT

One Too Many
Haven't done anything constructive today, just slouching around the house dressed in black sweatpants
with white crew socks and a black Ralph L polo shirt foundling I discovered hiding in the closet.

^Love those blazers. And the wingtips. The bees knees and cat's meow.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran