Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you wearing today??

melbournian

New in Town
Wow, there are some amazing outfits here! You gentlemen wear some fine suits.

My outfit by comparison is nowhere near as...sophisticated, and none of it is actually vintage - this is just what I wore out today for a job interview at a cafe and a casual dinner with my boyfriend.

2196494943_8545f28c11.jpg

Lucky Strike

A-List Customer
Charleston: So far, I haven't seen anything of your wardrobe I didn't instantly like. I've never had any shirts with cocktail cuffs - I suppose it's about time.
Marty: That's really a suit for cocktails and crooners. Not exactly businesswear, but perfect for parties.
JM Stovall: The Pendleton jacket is fantastic! Very American Trad.
Melbournian: I love it when girls wear jeans like capris. Good show!

Yesterday, horrible, horrible weather:

DSC01994.jpg

DSC01998.jpg

DSC02005.jpg

DSC02004.jpg

Millerighi shirt, single cuffs
Borrelli tie
Esedra 58 (unknown house brand) suit, SB3B, two vents
No-name charcoal knit vest (unknown house brand)
No-name thrifted pocket square
Pelikan fountain pen, 50s (carried in inside pocket)
Longines Sport Chief, 50s, snap-button strap
Bally faux-brogues, charcoal socks
Swims overshoes
Not in pics: Burberry beige raincoat and full-length umbrella

rubyredlocks

Practically Family
imoldfashioned said:
I adore this look Ruby, you look great--I love the sleeves on the blouse especially. I used to have a grey wool jumper from the 50's that I wore to death in college that looked really similar to the one you're wearing here. Is this Simplicity 3673 by any chance?

Thank you!
It's more Isaac Mizrahi via Target goodness(my addiction).It's supposed to be an empire-waist,but I'm short and shortwaisted which makes it sit at my natural waist.I found it online for $17.49.

Marty M.

Vendor
Thanks Kevin.

kschurch said:
Hey Marty,

I haven't posted much, but I've been reading this thread and love your posts and pictures. This one was interesting because I attended the Custom Tailors and Designers Convention in the early 90's. Looks like they are still using the same stage.

Anyway, I had a real good time there and your pictures brought back some memories. As soon as I get the picture thing figured out, I'll join in.

Keep up the great posting!

Cheers,

Kevin

Hi Kevin, welcome to the Lounge. It's always great meeting a fellow retailer. Do post some pictures when you can. I'll be looking forward to it.
Marty Mathis

Marty M.

Vendor
A new fresh face and look.

melbournian said:
Wow, there are some amazing outfits here! You gentlemen wear some fine suits.

My outfit by comparison is nowhere near as...sophisticated, and none of it is actually vintage - this is just what I wore out today for a job interview at a cafe and a casual dinner with my boyfriend.

2196494943_8545f28c11.jpg

Hi Melbournian, welcome to the lounge. You outfit looks great. Besides, you don't have to worry about wearing over the top clothing to try look good luck some of us (me) ;) . Keep on posting.
Marty Mathis

Marty M.

Vendor
rubyredlocks said:
This is actually my ensemble from Saturday:
47b8df32b3127cceb3f749f7a05500000045109AbOXLFk0bS

Ruby, never post your picture right next to my outfits. They'll only look at yours and never see me :eusa_doh: . You look great. I love the red that you've incorporated into your outfit. You might have to post your avatar picture again soon. It's one of my favorites pictures from the Lounge :eusa_clap .
Marty Mathis

imoldfashioned

Call Me a Cab
rubyredlocks said:
Thank you!
It's more Isaac Mizrahi via Target goodness(my addiction).It's supposed to be an empire-waist,but I'm short and shortwaisted which makes it sit at my natural waist.I found it online for $17.49.

Issac strikes again! Is the shirt Issac too? I love the sleeves.

That line really is great; I must get to a Target soon--the one drawback to that line for me is I have to try everything on first since the sizes seem a little wonky.

Off topic but I got the spring Boden catalog yesterday and, if I had it, I could drop $500 there without blinking an eye. One of the dresses is a good contender for "most flattering ever made".

Lucky Strike

A-List Customer
Still raining cats and dogs, have to do some errands around town:

DSC02016.jpg

DSC02020.jpg

DSC02021.jpg

Suit, house brand from local shop, SB3B, two vents
Shirt, TM Lewin
Tie, Altea
Thrifted pocket square
Cufflinks with BLUEbells, silver and enamel
Loake Twynings in dire need of a buff

kschurch

Vendor
Marty M. said:
Hi Kevin, welcome to the Lounge. It's always great meeting a fellow retailer. Do post some pictures when you can. I'll be looking forward to it.
Marty Mathis

Thanks!

At that time I was working for a gentleman who owned a store. He was a nice fellow, but not as social as I. He wanted to stay in at night and I wanted to network as much as possible. The best conversations seemed to break out by the pool over a cigar. Hence, we didn't work together long after that trip.

I was out of the business for many years, but remained loyal to stylish dress and just recently started a small trouser line. It's been very fun to be back around it again. Things are picking up momentum.

I look forward to being a more involved poster in the lounge.

Kevin

Marty M.

Vendor
Lucky Strike said:
Still raining cats and dogs, have to do some errands around town:

DSC02016.jpg

DSC02020.jpg

DSC02021.jpg

Suit, house brand from local shop, SB3B, two vents
Shirt, TM Lewin
Tie, Altea
Thrifted pocket square
Cufflinks with BLUEbells, silver and enamel
Loake Twynings in dire need of a buff

Great look Lucky. That's one of the best Cord suits I've seen. The Cord looks like it has a really nice and soft hand to it. Is it cotton? Or is it a blend?
I also love that pocket square. Any chance of getting a bigger picture of it?
Marty Mathis

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner