Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you wearing today??

Orgetorix

Call Me a Cab
Patrick Murtha said:
Specific issues you have with it, Jerekson? Third party curiosity here.

I'd have phrased it a bit more politely than Jerekson did, but I agree that something seems slightly off. I think it's the proportions between the slim-cut jeans and the bulky upper body with three not-particularly-slim layers. I do think that LuckyStrike's pose, with one arm raised, exaggerates it a bit, as it makes one side of the jacket's skirt flare outward.

But even when the proportions are off, Lucky Strike still looks better than most people out there.

Desdinova721

New in Town
With the way you dress, you can look "less than flattering", and still look better than 90% of the people you'd see on the street.

Gotta say though, that the combination of french cuffs/double-breasted blazer is a little too formal for me to be paired with jeans. It's sort of sending contradictory messages, and I don't really know what to make of it. That is a very nice tie, though.

I don't think it looks bad, necessarily, but it is eccentric.

Patrick Murtha

Practically Family
Experimenting with shades of tan today; also multiple plaids and windowpanes.

J. Peterman dark tan windowpane SB 3B single-vent sportcoat

2934827020102775237S500x500Q85.jpg

Marshall Field's "Field Gear" tan cuffed cotton trousers, fullish leg opening
Polo tan button-down shirt, open neck, crisp white tee underneath
Cream cotton pocket square, puff fold
Brown jeans belt
Lorus watch with tan band (right wrist)
Polished stainless steel link bracelet (left wrist)
Tan ribbed OTC socks
Johnston & Murphy Italian-style spectator loafers in interesting combo of dark brown leather and natural woven leather

2565313890102775237S500x500Q85.jpg

Stanley Blacker tan SB wool/cashmere topcoat
Brown leather gloves
Pendleton dark green plaid scarf
Broner tan plaid 70% wool/30% rayon newsboy cap

Desdinova721

New in Town
8m1.jpg

8m2.jpg

Not planning on going anywhere today; staying in and studying. This is a pretty typical example of my day-to-day wear these days:

Brannoch sport coat
GAP short-sleeve button down shirt
Black cotton slacks
New Balance walking shoes

ShooShooBaby

One Too Many
late 40s jantzen sweater
60s sailor pants
willits repro saddle shoes
40s plastic necklace
amazing hairdo i posted elsewhere

this pic is a little weird - i look possessed! "look into my eyyyyyyes..."
2320230320_4072deae60.jpg

Vardeman Sneed

Familiar Face
That is too wierd.

ShooShooBaby's photo snows nice green grass in OREGON?????

Here in Kentucky, I'm snowed in with 8-10 inch accumulation and 3 foot tall snow drifts!

Maybe we're just not living right. [huh]

Pink Dahlia said:
The sweater is vintage from a store called Private Screening in Fremont in Seattle.

I dropped in that store earlier this week and bought a very nice tie and a piece of paper advertising ephemera for the old Hardeman Hat Co., whose factory was in Seattle (the building still stands) and who had a small chain of retail shops on the West Coast.

I mention this because I found the female half of the couple who own the business quite pleasant to deal with and the store quite well stocked. It was a quiet weekday afternoon so for most of the half hour or so I was in the place it was just she and I chatting like old friends. I almost bought a Mallory Ten for 75 bucks but decided better of it, seeing how I already have another vintage lid coming this week. And I was tempted by some exotic hide cowboy boots. I may yet return for those.

Anyway, the place is the most well-stocked (at least on the men's wear side) vintage store I'm familiar with around here. The prices are on the high side of what I'm used to paying, but the store IS in Fremont, which is getting kinda pricey, and there's really lots of great stuff to look through. Several pairs of boots, for instance, and several hats, and lots and lots and lots of suits and sport coats and shirts. Cases full of cufflinks and whatnot. Dozens and dozens (if not hundreds) of neckties. No junk, either. In other words, it's worth a visit if you happen to find yourself in Seattle with a little time on your hands.

rebelgtp

One of the Regulars
it was funny i was with some friends today and we went to the zoo to wander around (hadn't been there in a long time), i'm wandering around in some cargos, one of my ripstop shirts from cabelas, boots, fedora, mk vii bag being used to stow my cameras basically my normal way of dressing these days. my friends all said i looked like i was ready to go on safari (this was said right outside the africa exhibit). granted i think the funnier thing was that i kept having people walk up to me to ask questions about the animals, guess they thought i worked there.

Pink Dahlia

Call Me a Cab
ShooShooBaby said:
late 40s jantzen sweater
60s sailor pants
willits repro saddle shoes
40s plastic necklace
amazing hairdo i posted elsewhere

this pic is a little weird - i look possessed! "look into my eyyyyyyes..."
2320230320_4072deae60.jpg

:eusa_clap

CharlesB

Suspended
Tonight at the pub I wore"

Black mod/skinny cut 3 piece suit
White shirt with collar stays
Diagonally stiped cinnamon color tie
black stingy brim fedora
london fog black over coat
black penny loafers
cigarette dangling from lip

Mr. Rover

One Too Many
Patrick Murtha said:
Hey -- nobody criticizes my buddy Jovan! He's Fedora Lounge royalty. :)

Excuse me? Royalty? I think that's overstating it just a little bit.

I was here when there was Fedora Lounge royalty in the likes of prolific posters by WildRoot, Marc Chevalier, Matt Deckard, Senator Jack, Baron Kurtz, Art Fawcett, Douglas,Lauren Henline, Vanessa, Daniel Riser, amongst many others who had studied, observed, analyzed, and most importantly, handled, genuine articles of vintage men's clothing, and they were here to share inspiration, aspirations, and new possibilities and details that would educate old and new posters alike.
I don't wish new Fedora Lounger members to liken post counts with experience, wisdom, or expertise in the history of men's wear, as it is not always the case.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner