Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you wearing today??

alexandra

Practically Family
Ha! I do enjoy tying people's tongues in knots, but I prefer when it happens because I've just said something so amazingly clever and impressive that they have no idea what to say back to me and can only nod in agreement with whatever insightful point I just made.

Thank you though for saying it's cute. It was horrible having to get dressed to go back to my old high school and see all my old teachers and people I knew when I was in high school. What a horrible place high school is! lol

alexandra said:
It was horrible having to get dressed to go back to my old high school and see all my old teachers and people I knew when I was in high school. What a horrible place high school is! lol
Too true, young lady, all too true... I still refer to my graduation as "escaped from ________ Minimum-Security Prison and Communist Indoctrination Center"...

AlanC

My Mail is Forwarded Here
p1012817pm3.jpg

p1012820mo3.jpg

cherry lips

Call Me a Cab
Thank you kindly Pink, Dolly, Sixsexsix and Pip! Spitfire, I'll be seeing you tomorrow ;)
Perhaps I should add that I'm not so good at giving the gents compliments in this thread. I feel I don't know enough about men's attire to do so, and even if I really appreciate a well-dressed gentleman, it can't come close to the excitement of seeing a lady's outfit from the 50's.

donCarlos

Practically Family
I went shopping yesterday and brought home this wonderful shirt. I wore this today and got all positive comments, even though I thought it´s a big risk...

2008_06270002.jpg

adamgottschalk

A-List Customer
donCarlos said:
I went shopping yesterday and brought home this wonderful shirt. I wore this today and got all positive comments, even though I thought it´s a big risk...
Nice shirt. To my eye, the risky part is wearing a striped shirt with a highly patterned tie. I think a plain tie, minimal pattern, would be best with a striped shirt. It might be one of those idiosyncratic things peculiar to me. I do tend to be peculiar as far as most people are concerned.

Mr. Rover

One Too Many
donCarlos said:

2008_06270002.jpg

Yeah- I would agree. The best British dressers usually pair bold shirts like these with simple suits and ties. I would almost wear a navy tie with a pindot with a dark gray suit to even out the shirt so that the shirt becomes the center of attention. Everything else should just frame it.

ShortClara

One Too Many
donCarlos said:

2008_06270002.jpg

I dig this - it wouldn't be half as interesting with either a safer tie or shirt.

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
Black jeans.
Black t-shirt
black boots
straw milan optimo crease porkpie
IMG_8104.jpg

Me working on a painting. It was a free canvas, the horse came with it and is now under a layer of stormy sky.

Warbaby

One Too Many
Today we tested the Vivian Engine. We are pleased to report that it operated quite admirably, providing an impressive demonstration of its not inconsiderable power, to the great satisfaction of the assembled observers.

R_steam4sepiaF.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24