Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you wearing today??

sproily

Practically Family
Shangas said:
YOU SIR, are PERFECTION.

...by the way...what's that hanging from your fob-drop?

Thank you for the kind words, Shangas!

It's a Finnish traditional... thing. It's a vintage Kalevala-jewel. Here you can see it better

garbs.jpg

The silver cuff-links are also Kalevala.

Shangas

I'll Lock Up
Hey Sproily,

That's really beautiful! What can you tell me about your pocket watch? It looks really cool. Also, it doesn't look to be a particularly old model. Is it battery-powered or mechanical?

sproily

Practically Family
It doesn't have a makers mark. My watchmaker said considering from the mechanics it's from the 20's or 30's. And yes it's a mechanical watch.

It has an art decoish emblem on both covers.

sproily

Practically Family
I have no idea where one could find one. Atleast the same I have, because they don't make this model anymore. I haven't seen a similar one anywhere. Thus I don't know the history behind it.

Kalevala are traditional Finnish jewelry that have been made way before any major civilizations took over Finland. Kalevala Koru OY (corporation) have been making replicas of those old jewelry they have found in burial graves et cetera, as well as making some "retro" ones if you catch my drift.

On their website you can see what they are making at the moment:
http://www.kalevalakoru.fi/korut/kuvasto

The cuff-links I have have phased out and are no longer made. They feature a traditional symbol called "Hannunvaakuna" or Saint John's Arms.

Edit. Never mind, it seems that they still sell it after all.
1280.jpg

Gijoe

A-List Customer
today I feel 20 years younger :D

- Aero 1930 half Belt
- Rusian sailor shirt
- Levis vintage jeans
- 1930s western belt
- Rebel cap

Nick D

Call Me a Cab
Not today, a couple weeks ago while on holiday in Michigan, actually. My hat is a Filson, Will's is a Stormy Kromer.

DSC02625.jpg

We had our family portraits taken too, I in a vintage 3-piece, gray Lee and spats, Cassie in a very nice gray checked skirt suit, seamed stockings, with a snood and victory rolls, and Will in a brown '50s infant's outfit with an antique mother of pearl and silver teething ring/rattle.

crazydaisy

Practically Family
OMG! I love this! Just look at that mustache!! Can you show us the family portrait as well?
[QUOTE
DSC02625.jpg
[/QUOTE]

sproily

Practically Family
Nick D said:
Not today, a couple weeks ago while on holiday in Michigan, actually. My hat is a Filson, Will's is a Stormy Kromer.

DSC02625.jpg

We had our family portraits taken too, I in a vintage 3-piece, gray Lee and spats, Cassie in a very nice gray checked skirt suit, seamed stockings, with a snood and victory rolls, and Will in a brown '50s infant's outfit with an antique mother of pearl and silver teething ring/rattle.

Awesome moustache!

Bugsy

One Too Many
Nick D said:

DSC02625.jpg

WOW, Will is really growing. What a charmer. :eusa_clap Happy New Year.

avedwards

Call Me a Cab
sproily said:
How much? We've had about -30C here.
Tell me, do you still wear a fedora then or does practicality exceed elegance? This morning it was about -8C where I am but I still went with my fedora and trench coat for my paper round (usually the coat would get in the way of my bike but because of the ice I had to walk).

LelaViavonie

Practically Family
I received my New Trench Coat in the Mail yesterday and paired it up with a Black Fedora and Black Boots, nothing Vintage.. but I did Feel like a Secret spy this morning :)

Four.jpg

I felt like such a spy.. it was so much fun :)

Six.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxraff