Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are your hobbies?

Prairie Dog

A-List Customer
Reading is my favorite hobby.

The difference between ignorance and knowledge is only a book away. Reading stimulates your mind. It makes you think.
Books can make you see the world differently; they can make you understand things more fully and wholly. They can change your paradigm. They increase your vocabulary, your understanding of life and people.

So get off the computer and open a book and start reading. Wait a sec, I guess reading these posts can change your paradigm and increase your understanding of life and people.

Rosie

One Too Many
I have lots of hobbies

I read, sew, draw, paint, make paper (less and less these days though), garden, bake, cook, studying religions and spirituality, shopping sketch (clothes), community activism (is that a hobby?), yoga, meditation (again, are these hobbies). Whatever suits my fancy.

Joie DeVive

One Too Many
I'm another one of those people who has so many that I think I should probably cut down and focus on a select few.lol

Here they are:
Drawing (pencil, charcoal, pen and ink)
Painting (watercolor for now, but I was given some acrylics and oils. I need to try them.)
Photography
Scrapbooking
Greeting Card Making
Decoupage (Just learned)
Leaf/Flower Pressing
Sewing (I haven't in a while. The machine needs a check-up)
Embroidery
Knitting (Learned to knit, can't purl yet. lol Recent addition)
Gardening
Canning
Cooking
Biking
Volleyball and Badmitton (When given a chance. I haven't played in forever.)
Hiking

At one point or another, I have collected: rocks, shells, driftwood, buttons, figurines, and vintage patterns.

I hope to at some point to try woodworking, reupholstery and to learn to shoot.
Whew! Can anyone say ADD??

PA Dancer

A-List Customer
When I think of a hobbie, I think of collecting something...like my mom's old spoon collection or her salt and pepper shakers.

I don't think I really collect anything besides my clothes, CD's, books and movies. I started getting rid of a lot of things over the past two years to lighten the load. I moved around a few times and got tired of lugging all of it around.

I do have a lot of interests tho.
I am a musician. Mainly a guitar player on and off for the past 20 years. I sold off all the other equipment last year.

I am a ballroom, latin and swing dancer. I taught for about three years.

Reading, writing, painting, sewing, making jewlery...all which I haven't done in awhile.

My latest interest is to find and restore a Chevy Bel Air, either a 55 or 57.

staggerwing

One of the Regulars
Besides fixing and flying old airplanes, wildlife photography, boating, astronomy, paranormal investigations, hiking, camping and general adventuring.

Fedord Spaniard

One of the Regulars
Hello, what are everyone's hobbies here?

Hello fellow members, i was wonderin what are everyones hobbies on here? for instance im into collectin all kinds of things from Hats, action figures from the 80s -present, comic books, music vinyl records (metal, industrial, hardcore punk, ect), books, guitars ect. im into martial arts, i love motorcycles even more than cars, i like horseback ridin, playin baseball and soccer, playin guitar or anythin music related, i love to read books and to research things that interest me just to name a few things. any other members share some of these hobbies of mine or any other hobby that i didnt mention?

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Hey Fedord,

THese threads might give you a good head start to your question.

http://www.thefedoralounge.com/showthread.php?t=18470&highlight=hobbies

http://www.thefedoralounge.com/showthread.php?t=21729&highlight=hobbies

http://www.thefedoralounge.com/showthread.php?t=15082&highlight=hobbies

A search for the word 'hobbies' lead me to them. Youll find many topics on this board already have quite lengthy discussions, like the welcoming of new members thread located at the top of this forum.

Enjoy, and welcome.

LD

PistolPete1969

One of the Regulars
My hobbies are many & varied.

As with everyone in here, I enjoy wearing & collecting vintage things. For me its hats. I also appreciate vintage cars & architecture as well.

I am also an avid shooter & reloader. I shoot competitively when I can and enjoy older, vintage firearms. There is nothing like pre-WWII revolvers!! I have also been fishing numerous times, but done fish that much anymore.

I like to read; mostly fiction. I have read almost all the classics at one point in time or another.

There are others, but decorum will not allow me to list them...lol

Pete

Fedord Spaniard

One of the Regulars
Lady Day said:
Hey Fedord,

THese threads might give you a good head start to your question.

http://www.thefedoralounge.com/showthread.php?t=18470&highlight=hobbies

http://www.thefedoralounge.com/showthread.php?t=21729&highlight=hobbies

http://www.thefedoralounge.com/showthread.php?t=15082&highlight=hobbies

A search for the word 'hobbies' lead me to them. Youll find many topics on this board already have quite lengthy discussions, like the welcoming of new members thread located at the top of this forum.

Enjoy, and welcome.

LD

thank you for the links and the welcome Lady. sorry that i didnt search before to see if there were similar threads i dont want to create threads that already exist:) .

Fedord Spaniard

One of the Regulars
PistolPete1969 said:
My hobbies are many & varied.

As with everyone in here, I enjoy wearing & collecting vintage things. For me its hats. I also appreciate vintage cars & architecture as well.

I am also an avid shooter & reloader. I shoot competitively when I can and enjoy older, vintage firearms. There is nothing like pre-WWII revolvers!! I have also been fishing numerous times, but done fish that much anymore.

I like to read; mostly fiction. I have read almost all the classics at one point in time or another.

There are others, but decorum will not allow me to list them...lol

Pete

cool man, it sound like you know your pieces well. yea revolvers are in some way better than automatics cause a revolver would never jam on you even if you havent cleaned it for a long time i cant say the same for automatics :) . thats cool i like some fiction books but mostly i like non-fiction. sorry for my ignorance but what do you mean by "decorum will not allow me to list them"?

"Skeet" McD

Practically Family
Fedord Spaniard said:
Hello fellow members, i was wonderin what are everyones hobbies on here?

Oh boy. Too many to list! Two top the list, however--but also have significant overlap into my professional life: music (mostly of the past) and history (particularly the day-to-day lives of "just folks"). I've reenacted as a serious hard-core historicist living historian in the 17; 18; and 19Cs; that's just another take on the day-to-day life thing. I play a bunch of instruments, mostly....not well :rolleyes: . I read, and read, and read...but that mostly supports the first two things; I don't read much fiction. I'm interested in my religion (I'm a Roman Catholic): theology; history; and liturgy. I hunt--almost exclusively upland birds, and almost always like they did in the 1920s--and shoot (almost all shotgun sports, especially Skeet--and within that, by the 1930s rules....). I'd like to do more with woodworking, especially turning. I've developed a late interest in baseball...and golf, which I also play "like the 1920s." I do digital typography and some design work. I'd better stop now....but you get the idea....

"Skeet"

Nathan Dodge

One Too Many
Fedord Spaniard said:
Hello fellow members, i was wonderin what are everyones hobbies on here?

Thank you for asking! What follows are my recurring interests that always seem to be in my life:

For years I've enjoyed accumulating jazz, film scores, comic books, Hollywood biographies and history, WWII, and classic movies and TV shows.

I'm also interested in Miami history, architecture (Deco and Mid Century Modern), and Ernest Hemingway.

Bike riding through the older neighborhoods in my hometown and to the beach, coming up with characters and plot summaries for various scenarios; though I never write actual stories--to difficult! However, after writing a personal online journal for two years, I finally decided to try my hand at a classic movie blog, which I've been enjoying for the last six months. Link is in my signature.

Fedord Spaniard

One of the Regulars
[QUOTE="Skeet" McD]Oh boy. Too many to list! Two top the list, however--but also have significant overlap into my professional life: music (mostly of the past) and history (particularly the day-to-day lives of "just folks"). I've reenacted as a serious hard-core historicist living historian in the 17; 18; and 19Cs; that's just another take on the day-to-day life thing. I play a bunch of instruments, mostly....not well :rolleyes: . I read, and read, and read...but that mostly supports the first two things; I don't read much fiction. I'm interested in my religion (I'm a Roman Catholic): theology; history; and liturgy. I hunt--almost exclusively upland birds, and almost always like they did in the 1920s--and shoot (almost all shotgun sports, especially Skeet--and within that, by the 1930s rules....). I'd like to do more with woodworking, especially turning. I've developed a late interest in baseball...and golf, which I also play "like the 1920s." I do digital typography and some design work. I'd better stop now....but you get the idea....

"Skeet"[/QUOTE]

Wow Skeet, thats really cool that you have many layers to your interests like myself. im not roman catholic but i was born into it, whos your favorite saint or guardian that you feel watches over you Skeet?

Fedord Spaniard

One of the Regulars
Nathan Dodge said:
Thank you for asking! What follows are my recurring interests that always seem to be in my life:

For years I've enjoyed accumulating jazz, film scores, comic books, Hollywood biographies and history, WWII, and classic movies and TV shows.

I'm also interested in Miami history, architecture (Deco and Mid Century Modern), and Ernest Hemingway.

Bike riding through the older neighborhoods in my hometown and to the beach, coming up with characters and plot summaries for various scenarios; though I never write actual stories--to difficult! However, after writing a personal online journal for two years, I finally decided to try my hand at a classic movie blog, which I've been enjoying for the last six months. Link is in my signature.

Youre very welcome Nathan, i havent been to miami since the 90s i should go back and check it out. what kind of comic books do you collect and whos your favorite comic book artist? i like Hemingway too man that guy had a huge pair. you have a cool movie blog. i like some old school jazz but my "jazz" is heavy metal i consider metal (thrash/speed) to be "electric jazz" in my opinion jazz and metal have the same kind of raw wild energy....wild trumpets in jazz as wild as wild guitar riffs in metal.

Nathan Dodge

One Too Many
Fedord Spaniard said:
Youre very welcome Nathan, i havent been to miami since the 90s i should go back and check it out. what kind of comic books do you collect and whos your favorite comic book artist? i like Hemingway too man that guy had a huge pair. you have a cool movie blog. i like some old school jazz but my "jazz" is heavy metal i consider metal (thrash/speed) to be "electric jazz" in my opinion jazz and metal have the same kind of raw wild energy....wild trumpets in jazz as wild as wild guitar riffs in metal.

Joe Kubert has been my favorite comic artist since 1981. I also like Russ Heath, George Perez, John Byrne (only when inked by Terry Austin), and John Severin. Milton Caniff is a comic strip favorite.

I mainly like DC's "Battle Books", like Sgt. Rock, G.I. Combat, and Enemy Ace, but the 1970s Jonah Hex series is also great. And, of course, the usual super-hero suspects...my taste in comics is strictly mainstream, I guess!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apachepass