Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are your unreleased dvd wants?

Kent Allard

New in Town
Nathan Dodge said:
I posted a list at the end of last year and so far only one of my unreleased DVD wants (Johnny Eager) has made it to DVD. I'm optimistic that a few more might find their way onto disc.

It's not on DVD, but the Robert Mitchum version of "Farewell, My Lovely" is available as a "view it now" on Netflix.

jackfromdfw

New in Town
Robert Taylor flicks

I never quite understood why so many of Robert Taylor's flims are not on DVD given the fact that he worked at MGM which has a large library on DVD: Johnny Eager, Lady of the Tropics, High Wall, Rogue Cop, Westward the Women.

Mossyrock

One of the Regulars
Blackthorn said:
I wish they'd bring out High Road to China. Also, Monte Walsh with Lee Marvin.

I agree on both counts! While you are at it, add "Lassiter" (Another Selleck period flick) and "Riders of the Purple Sage" with Ed Harris to the pile.

Doctor Damage

I'll Lock Up
Nathan Dodge said:
FAREWELL, MY LOVELY (1975) Restored and in it's original aspect ratio.
I've seen widescreen versions of this film available on DVD but only from Europe and in European formats, so unless one has a player or some software that will convert from PAL to NTSC then we're stuck with the pan-and-scan version.

skyvue

Call Me a Cab
A boxed set of Kay Francis films would be on my list. Tops on my list, actually. Street of Women, Mandalay and Jewel Robbery would be "musts," but hard to select one or two more - I enjoy her movies so much.

It's not DVD, but Ms. Francis is being featured as part of TCM's August Under the Stars festival on Tuesday, Aug. 21, and two of the three titles you mentioned will be aired during her 24-hour tribute.

Hopalong

One of the Regulars
I'm looking for the following movies on DVD: (1) Swing Shift Maisie (2) Marriage Is A Private Affair (3) When Willie Comes Marching Home and (4) Ladies Courageous. I believe all of these movies are from the 1940s during WW II and have P-38 Lightnings in scenes in them which is why I'd like to purchase them.
I'd also like to purchase Andy Hardy movies but they're priced to high which I can't figure out why.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pablosstuff