Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are your unreleased dvd wants?

Brinybay

Practically Family
Not really unreleased, but a reasonably priced DVD version of Northwest Passage starring Spencer Tracy and Robert Young. I found a VHS version on Amazon, but they wanted $30 for it. As much as I like the movie, I'm not paying that much for it, especially if it's VHS.

deadpandiva

Call Me a Cab
The White Rose
The Magnificent Ambersons
White Banners
The Four Daughters Series
Merton Of The Movies (1947)
The Uninvited
The Velvet Touch
The Guilt Of Janet Ames
Cry Havoc
Meet The People
All of The Crime Doesn't Pay shorts (I know they're awful but I love em.)

There are a ton more. I vote for movies to be released all the time on TCM's Website

Mike1939

One of the Regulars
Mike in Seattle said:
Now THAT would be awesome...along with the "Joe McDoakes" shorts. The latter, starring actor George O'Hanlon, who later went on to voice George Jetson.

Yes indeed! I love George O'Hanlon, he picked up where Benchley left off. I had no idea he was the voice of George Jetson, I should have recognized his voice from watching so much of the cartoon as a kid.

Nathan Dodge

One Too Many
Mike1939 said:
I'd like to see all the Robert Benchley shorts on dvd. :)

They might not all get released at once, but it's nice that they're finding their way onto many Warner DVD releases. That Inferior Feeling is on the Philadelphia Story DVD. Everyone here at FL will love the bit when Benchley gets cowed into buying a white suit instead of the blue one he came in for. Low-key humor at its best.

deadpandiva

Call Me a Cab
deadpandiva said:
I wish I would have seen this earier. I love this series with all my heart.
I rented a DVD from Netflix. I am sure it didn't have all the shorts but it was really great to see such a large number of them together.

bobalooba

One of the Regulars
Maj.Nick Danger said:
Yes. The original Blade Runner was way better than that so-called director's cut thing. They did an almost perfect job of ruining a good movie with that. :mad:
So the original is not readily available on DVD? Bummer! :(

I don't know how much flak this'll get me but I love the original, theatrical release of the star wars films, nuts to lucas's "intended vision" I know that the theatrical versions were released on DVD but they are so much harder to find. I am always irritated when a director's cut or extended edition replaces the original. Especially with the advent of dvd/blu-ray I wish directors and studios would release DVDS with the option of turning director's cut on or off.

JennyLou

Practically Family
Nathan Dodge said:
One out of two ain't bad! Actually, both seasons of Zorro are due out in November.
Yay! Thanks for letting me know. I heard that they were working on getting them out on dvd a long time ago but that copyright issues or something of that sort was getting in the way so about a year ago I gave up all hope of the series ever coming out on dvd.

Nathan Dodge

One Too Many
Fortunately, most of my favorite TV shows have ongoing releases (Hawaii Five-O; Mission: Impossible) but two shows I'm waiting for:

Bonanza
Johnny Staccato

Ray George

New in Town
My choice is, "Springtime In The Rockies."

It's available on VHS, bah... I want it on DVD

Check out the cast...

Director:Irving Cummings
Writers:Walter Bullock (writer)
Ken Englund (writer)

Release Date: 6 November 1942 (USA) more
Genre:Musical

Tagline: The Time and Place for Romance . . Melody . . and Fun ! more
Plot: Broadway partners Vicky Lane and Dan Christy have a tiff over Christy's womanizing. Jealous Vicky takes up with her old flame and former dance partner...

User Comments: One of Betty's best...typical musical fluff enlivened by Carmen Miranda and Edward Everett Horton... more
Cast (Complete credited cast)

Betty Grable ... Vicky Lane

Carmen Miranda ... Rosita Murphy
John Payne ... Dan Christy

Cesar Romero ... Victor Prince
Charlotte Greenwood ... Phoebe Gray

Edward Everett Horton ... McTavish

Harry James ... Himself
Harry James and His Music Makers ... Themselves
Bando da Lua ... Rosita's Six Brothers / Orchestra
Six Hits and a Miss ... Themselves - Six Hits and a Miss, Vocal Group

Wally_Hood

One Too Many
Really would like Island of Lost Souls, with Charles Laughton. Genuinely frightening images and ideas; Laughton as Dr. Moreau creates half-human, half-animal creatures, then treats them like dirt, all the while acting the urbane and solicitous host to his shipwreck survivor guests.

Dittos to the Andy Hardy series box set: TCM ran them all and I dvr'd them; now, all I need is the time to watch them all. (I guess the same would be true if I had 'em on dvd...)

Ellery Queen box set: great "whodunnit" show.

Remember WENN! Would pay almost any price for an officially-released, high quality set on dvd.

I saw Follow Through at a UCLA film library screening decades ago; amazing color, but the last few frames at the reel change actually burned up. We saw the flame projected on the screen.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21