Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are your unreleased dvd wants?

B

BAZ

I'm gagging for "The Keep".
Amazing movie, love to see a "Director's Cut"........hah!!
The director was clueless!!!

Nathan Dodge

One Too Many
Jedburgh OSS said:
Back at the Front isn't really that good. Tom Ewell returned for his part but David Wayne didn't. If I remember right, it was set in post-war occupied Japan and just didn't have the charm of the first. I have an original edition of the book and have photocopied many of the cartoons onto old, yellowed newsprint. Everyone thinks I actually clipped these out of vintage issues of Stars and Stripes. The Brass Ring is also a good read. It details Mauldin's encounter with Patton who had many a meltdown over the truthfulness of his cartoons.

You're right about The Brass Ring, it's a fine book and I like Mauldin's self-deprecating humor, too. I scored a nice copy of I've Decided I Want My Seat Back which features his second Pulitzer Prize cartoon, (the Lincoln Memorial mourning JFK) among others. I also like his commentary on the various cartoons. Mauldin's one of my heroes.

Now back to Unreleased DVD Wants...;)

DeeDub

One of the Regulars
You know, I'd like to have a collection of the old educational films I saw at school. Certainly the glossy ones, from Bell Labs I think it was, such as Hemo the Magnificent and Our Mister Sun. But also the shorter, Coronet films and the like.

From TV, I used to enjoy Sky King and Rescue 8. I'd like to see those again to find out whether I would still like them as an adult.

KY Gentleman

One Too Many
I would jump all over the movie "The Boys Of Company C" with Stan Shaw.
I have also searched for a DVD copy of "Rolling Thunder" with William Devane and Tommy Lee Jones. "Rolling Thunder" was such a good film that Quentin Tarantino named his production compant after it. Still, its not on DVD...

just_me

Practically Family
KY Gentleman said:
I would jump all over the movie "The Boys Of Company C" with Stan Shaw.
I have also searched for a DVD copy of "Rolling Thunder" with William Devane and Tommy Lee Jones. "Rolling Thunder" was such a good film that Quentin Tarantino named his production compant after it. Still, its not on DVD...

The Boys of Company C is on DVD - http://www.amazon.com/Boys-Company-C-Stan-Shaw/dp/B001AYXCLE

I don't know if it's a legal copy, but several places sell Rolling Thunder DVD:

http://stores.blowoutdvd1.com/-strse-101/Rolling-Thunder-(1977-William/Detail.bok

http://www.lostsilver.com/movies/R/Rolling%20Thunder.html

and on VHS:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/6303471617/ref=dp_olp_0?ie=UTF8&condition=all

carter

I'll Lock Up
mannySpaghetti said:
No Carter, that's not the same untouchables I mentioned. That's the 60's version, I'm looking for the 90's version. Click the link and you'll know right off it's not the same.

My bad, Manny. I thought you wanted the original series with Robert Stack. [huh]

The Wolf

Call Me a Cab
I'm looking for Boston Blackie DVDs also. I have one television show on DVD but I would like to get the more episodes as well as the the old two-reelers with Chester Morris.

Sincerely,
The Wolf

Mike in Seattle

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Doctor Strange said:
You know, it sounded way too good to be true. How does an outfit that violates copyright laws this flagrently stay in business?!?

It takes awhile for the legal department at the network and the production company to track down all the info and it also takes a bit of a backburner with the FBI, but sooner or later they get nailed.

just_me

Practically Family

Fletch

I'll Lock Up
More pre-Code general interest pix. There's a notion afoot these days that only the "woman's pictures," plus the chestnuts, matter from that era. Might have something to do with who's doing the criticism. Especially in academia, where territory is everything.

The Wolf

Call Me a Cab
Thanks for the links, just me. I have the disk that Amazon.com lists.
I was hoping for studio releases but I wonder if the movies are in public domain.

Sincerely,
The Wolf

Mike1939

One of the Regulars
Nathan Dodge said:
I'm still waiting for the complete Andy Hardy movies to be released and here's hoping that the 1938 short subject film, Andy Hardy's Dilemma: A Lesson in Mathematics... and Other Things is included as a bonus feature. TCM used to air it and is a great "slice of Contemporary American Life".

Yes indeed! I see the Andy Hardy movies as a family sitcom of that time, like the Cosby Show in the 80's it captures the ambiance of the era as the family works through the problems of daily life.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elzbthy