Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are your unreleased dvd wants?

Chanfan

A-List Customer
Just as a FYI - Scarecrow Video here in Seattle might possibly be a useful resource. They are primarily rental - and the most amazing source of obscure films. However, they do a lot of sales as well, and you can check both their rental and retail stock on-line.

Flivver

Practically Family
Car 99

My number one unreleased want is a film called Car 99, from 1935, starring Fred Mac Murray, Ann Sheridan, and William Frawley. It's about the Michigan and Massachusetts State Police working together to catch a notorious criminal. The criminal drives a big sedan with flip over license plates, smoke screen and oil slick...shades of James Bond 30 years early! The parts shot in Mass were filmed in and around the Mass State Police barracks in Framingham and out on Route 9. And the police are driving great 1935 Fords.

I saw the movie on a Sunday TV matinee when I was 8 years old and have never seen it since. Has anyone else ever heard of this film? I'd certainly like to locate a copy.

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
I keep getting Ferris Bueller and Parker Lewis mixed up :eusa_doh:

I remember Parker Lewis 'cause he had a sister named Shelly and she liked My Little Ponies :)
A lot of those episodes are on youtube.

LD

Earp

One of the Regulars
I wish I could get DVD copies of a movies series called "The Crime Doctor" which starred Warren Baxter. There were eight of them all together. "B" movie entertainment to be sure, but I like watching them. Lots of Fedoras! ;)

Polka Dot

A-List Customer
  • Notorious - I know it's been mentioned before, but how can this fantastic movie still be unavailable except through used dealers?
  • The African Queen
  • Spellbound

PA Dancer

A-List Customer
I read thru the thread and am left wondering why DVD?

Are these movies not released on VHS?
or, is the the convenience of the DVD?
Bonus footage etc?
Lack of a VHS player?

I've been able to transfer all of my VHS collection on to DVD, and the quality isn't bad, it just takes awhile to record them.

There was a movie that VH1 used to air called "The Way She Moves"
It wasn't a hit, and was never released on VHS or DVD, but since it was a dance movie, I want it. I recorded once from the television (very poor quality)

DanielJones

I'll Lock Up
Lassiter & High Road to China with Tom Selleck.

I would also love to see a clearer remasterd version of the Quiet Man with John Wayne & Maureen O'Hara. The collectors version is good but is very dark & murky in places.

One fun one with Danny Kaye is The Kid From Brooklyn.

Also I would like to add Imitation General with Glenn Ford.

Those would be a nice start.

Cheers!

Dan

carter

I'll Lock Up
The Sky's the Limit (1943) with Fred Astaire and Joan Leslie. The dance numbers in this black and white film are exquisite. This is even hard to find on VHS. I have put it on the list that Turner Classic Movies has online for films viewers would like to see on DVD. Who knows, if some of these films get enough votes, it could happen.

Also I would like to add Imitation General with Glenn Ford.
Ditto!

Simon82

One of the Regulars
Westerns aren't as popular as in the Golden Era and shortly after, but these should be on DVD already:

The Randolph Scott/Budd Boetticher classics:

THE TALL T
RIDE LONESOME
COMMANCHE STATION

and the seasons of the classic TV series, MAVERICK, that introduced many viewers to James Garner, and later, Roger Moore.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot