Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Cap Are You Wearing Today?

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
A day without a cap is like a day......I do not know.

D0089D08-C9C7-4D10-9CA1-A9D2C2D63CE4-M.jpg

DSC03624-M.jpg

Cheers, Eric -

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Late entry from Sushi Saturday. Fall leaves colors are amazing this time of year, and these pics don't come close to capturing that.

New Cordova cap made with Carhart fabric.

View attachment 278853

View attachment 278854

Sushi Saturday and vibrant Fall colors - you are living live to the max! Excellent.

Speaking of excellent, the Carhart cap is one of the best ideas for a working cap to come around in a long while. That 12% heavy weight cotton fabric is dynamite. Your cap appears to have plenty of shape and swoop.

Cheers, Eric -

Tukwila

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Sushi Saturday and vibrant Fall colors - you are living live to the max! Excellent.

Speaking of excellent, the Carhart cap is one of the best ideas for a working cap to come around in a long while. That 12% heavy weight cotton fabric is dynamite. Your cap appears to have plenty of shape and swoop.

Cheers, Eric -
I never really liked the idea of a blue denim cap for a work cap, but when I saw Jonathan's first Carhart fabric cap I couldn't get it out of my head. So I contacted Jonathan and ordered one!

The fabric is heavy, makes a great cap and holds it's shape very well. It's also extremely comfortable to wear.... and I don't worry about scuffing it up or getting it dirty when I'm checking over the car or cleaning out the storage area, etc, etc...

It rained a little on the cap Saturday after grocery shopping, but no worries at all. I Just hung it up to dry and it looks as good as new.

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
I never really liked the idea of a blue denim cap for a work cap, but when I saw Jonathan's first Carhart fabric cap I couldn't get it out of my head. So I contacted Jonathan and ordered one!

The fabric is heavy, makes a great cap and holds it's shape very well. It's also extremely comfortable to wear.... and I don't worry about scuffing it up or getting it dirty when I'm checking over the car or cleaning out the storage area, etc, etc...

It rained a little on the cap Saturday after grocery shopping, but no worries at all. I Just hung it up to dry and it looks as good as new.

I ordered one about the same time as you. I thought that the heavy cotton cap would be perfect for me. I have been thinking I may treat the fabric with some spray waterproofing to keep it cleaner when I am putting it to use. Thinking about it.

Great cap.

BTW: Well Dressed Head has shown a peek preview of his Moto Cap. I like the work fabric and leather brim style.

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up

Fourman110

One of the Regulars
Keith mentioned the fabric is 'built like a tank' and he was dead on as it's a substantial fabric that should hold its shape very well. According to an old FB writeup on it, he said:
The Archer, a 1910s-pattern Norfolk-pleated banded flat cap, made in this wonderful and scarce 1940s French cote de cheval cotton! This was the iconic pique fabric seen in European workwear from the first half of the 20th century. With original 1930s/40s workwear buttons, buffalo leather sweatband and more, this is a hardwearing bit of kit to dress up or down in equal style. Supply is extremely limited on this cloth.

I think it is perfect in every detail.

WOW! I really like you new cap. Is that a medium weight wool material? It looks dynamite.

21E37480-687A-47A1-933A-9DEA64E535A3-M.jpg

Cheers, Eric -

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Keith mentioned the fabric is 'built like a tank' and he was dead on as it's a substantial fabric that should hold its shape very well. According to an old FB writeup on it, he said:
The Archer, a 1910s-pattern Norfolk-pleated banded flat cap, made in this wonderful and scarce 1940s French cote de cheval cotton! This was the iconic pique fabric seen in European workwear from the first half of the 20th century. With original 1930s/40s workwear buttons, buffalo leather sweatband and more, this is a hardwearing bit of kit to dress up or down in equal style. Supply is extremely limited on this cloth.

I think it is perfect in every detail.

Glorious fabric on your Archer.

Today I too wore an Archer to work. Here is a pic taken two hours ago closing up after a long day.

DSC03837-M.jpg

Cheers, Eric -

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Takatāpui