Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Cap Are You Wearing Today?

Tukwila

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Fox Brothers wool (since 1772 and this particular wool has been in the archives for 80+ years) belt backed cap by Cordova was my cap choice today. I am home this evening watching the meteor showers. Clear and cold evening sky makes viewing enjoyable.

4E33928B-300E-466A-BC5E-968123686010-M.jpg

DSC03872-M.jpg

Cheers, Eric -
Is this a new cap, Eric? When I spoke to Jonathan today he sent me pics of about 6 new fabrics he got in, 4 of which were from Fox Brothers.

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
I wore my Cordova cap made with carhartt fabric to see the chiropractor today. I forgot my mask so I had to use my wife's flowery face mask.... the mask of shame,lol.

Also talked to Jonathan today about a Christmas cap made from similar material as my Magee Donegal tweed jacket. They are having a rare sale.... 20% off, and if you are a first time buyer you get an additional 15% off. Go to the Magee 1866 website and check it out!

View attachment 283650

Such a cool cap. I ordered a similar cap and it should arrive in a few days.

View attachment 283651

Is this a new cap, Eric? When I spoke to Jonathan today he sent me pics of about 6 new fabrics he got in, 4 of which were from Fox Brothers.

Sir in coordination with Jonathan we had ordered 2 Fox Brothers (gray and green prince of wales wool) for my upcoming caps. Jonathan picked up some other hues as well. The Fox brothers wool is princely when you see it in person or hold it. Luxurious, deep hues and the best weaving I have experienced. The woven wool fabrics are designed for suiting and are truly fine creations. As with the quality comes the price. It does command a higher price.

I am taken by the fabric and have extremely high expectations with the in-bound caps.

The Fox Brothers cap you reference is a cap I have had for a couple of years. It draws attention when ever I wear it. The leather strap back is an option that Jonathan has. I like that it draws eye attention from front and back. It is cool to tug on the conservative luxurious fabric cap with any attire and know that at least my head is a bit more classy. Who says caps can not be classy? Not me! Long paragraph to say it is a couple years old and I do like it very much.

Consider the Fox wool fabrics as they would pair really well with your sport jacket wearing.

Cheers sir! Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family.

Tukwila

when you speak to Jonathan do ask him about the nubby wool fabrics? Man those are very grand! Do check them out when you have a chance.
I love the nubby wools. I did get one of the last 2 1930s nubby wool caps Jonathan made with the blue toned fabric. I Know you have one, too.

Those Fox fabrics look lovely. I went to their website. Holy smokes, I can see why the price would go up a bit on a cap made with these. Very classy indeed.

Michael A

I'll Lock Up
@Michael A
Outstanding tweed! Donegal is always great!
Thanks Trenchfriend. I thought it went with the Loden pretty well.

Today I was going to go all in on Woolrich, but I seem to have misplaced my Woolrich cap. So I went with one I made a few years back.
IMG_7779 crop by Michael A2012, on Flickr
IMG_7787 crop by Michael A2012, on Flickr
Everything else belongs to the Woolrich label
11-29-2020 Today's Clothes by Michael A2012, on Flickr
Have a good day,
Michael

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Got out for a pre-prandial bike ride in this old Donegal tweed
IMG_7765 crop by Michael A2012, on Flickr
IMG_7766 crop by Michael A2012, on Flickr
No great shakes of a cap, but it did the job.
IMG_7774 by Michael A2012, on Flickr

Have a good evening,
Michael

Cool weather bike attire looks comfy. I like the cap.

Thanks Trenchfriend. I thought it went with the Loden pretty well.

Today I was going to go all in on Woolrich, but I seem to have misplaced my Woolrich cap. So I went with one I made a few years back.
IMG_7779 crop by Michael A2012, on Flickr
IMG_7787 crop by Michael A2012, on Flickr
Everything else belongs to the Woolrich label
11-29-2020 Today's Clothes by Michael A2012, on Flickr
Have a good day,
Michael

Michael, seeing your pics makes me think cold. You appear ready for the winter season.

Cheers, Eric -

Tukwila

It was cold enough, and a bit drizzly enough, to wear our heavy wool caps yesterday. I ordered mine directly from Michael and love it. I've gotten more compliments wearing this cap than any other. Some time later, I saw the same cap in a smaller size offered here in the classifieds and snagged it for my wife. No pic from yesterday, but we wore our matching caps out in the nasty weather. Perfect foul weather cap.

Pre-surgery check-in 12.17.19.jpeg

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
It was cold enough, and a bit drizzly enough, to wear our heavy wool caps yesterday. I ordered mine directly from Michael and love it. I've gotten more compliments wearing this cap than any other. Some time later, I saw the same cap in a smaller size offered here in the classifieds and snagged it for my wife. No pic from yesterday, but we wore our matching caps out in the nasty weather. Perfect foul weather cap.

View attachment 284675

The heavy Jonathan Cordova Caps are grand. You really have to grab a couple pic of the caps. Foul weather for sure. Our weather is changing for the week - cool and breezy.

Michael A

I'll Lock Up
Cool weather bike attire looks comfy. I like the cap.

Michael, seeing your pics makes me think cold. You appear ready for the winter season.

Cheers, Eric -
Thanks Eric. It was very comfy biking wear yesterday. I was dressed for a ride in today's somewhat colder weather, but I didn't get out in time and now the wind is approaching 20 mph. I may have to settle for a walk instead.

Thanks,
Michael

Michael A

I'll Lock Up

View attachment 284675
Looks great, Doug. Gotta love a good heavy cap in cold and drizzly weather.

Michael

Doogan Donegal Navy knit with grey/navy herringbone

A couple of these Doogan caps arrived with some other flat caps a while back. Half knit half tweed flat cap... when I first tried them on at the time I didn’t care for the look. What do you know... one cold day (for us) and I changed my mind.

242B8FA0-6B40-4D42-916E-4BD4A0D11E6C.jpeg
E3937B03-D7BF-46FE-A477-BF28659C7A53.jpeg
FED36CE8-DFDE-4BA7-BBD8-7A8F8C95422E.jpeg
4EC19443-E433-4844-B749-55AE47D32696.jpeg
C36061BA-6CA3-4B22-8064-30B79786BCC7.jpeg
561773CC-B64C-44E4-B93E-B978A0907E8F.jpeg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ