Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Cap Are You Wearing Today?

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Pendleton wool rules for picking tomatoes and cucumbers this morning.

i-d79hp6R-M.jpg

i-ctfKhbX-M.jpg

i-JZvnMsN-M.jpg

i-ScQ8gd7-M.jpg

My dog Tio (Horatio is a Port.Water Dog) got into the pics.

Cheers, Eric -

Last edited:

ChicagoWayVito

Practically Family
Yesterday evening I was out in a green wool cap.

i-HBRCFdC-M.jpg

i-DkX8Dkm-M.jpg

i-2g6R7sN-M.jpg

This mornings coffee found me wearing an unlined cap.

i-XXdGZj8-M.jpg

i-zD296G5-M.jpg

i-NSBzzS6-M.jpg

Cheers, Eric -
Great caps you have there.

Could I bother you for some information? I would like to know what is the width of the leather sweatband in the caps, I typically use 1-5/8" or 2" in felted hats but I believe those widths would be too big for a cap. Can you check the width on a few? Also, they look to be unreeded sweatbands, is that correct? The last question is what diameters are you seeing for the button on the top?

Any insight you can provide would be greatly appreciated. I am looking into make a few of these caps and just received 3 small pieces of upholstery fabric to start with.

Thank you!

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Great caps you have there.

Could I bother you for some information? I would like to know what is the width of the leather sweatband in the caps, I typically use 1-5/8" or 2" in felted hats but I believe those widths would be too big for a cap. Can you check the width on a few? Also, they look to be unreeded sweatbands, is that correct? The last question is what diameters are you seeing for the button on the top?

Any insight you can provide would be greatly appreciated. I am looking into make a few of these caps and just received 3 small pieces of upholstery fabric to start with.

Thank you!

i-6bPNBrX-M.jpg

Cheers, Eric -

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Sunday trip to Hawk's Ridge to view a day of the raptor migration. By 1:00pm 3,248 raptors had been seen.

i-ZS4JVdh-M.jpg

A Cordova cap made from Magee Donegal wool was perfect for the cool and breezy weather on the bluffs and lake shore.

i-T3MhwfB-M.jpg

i-S2L7V4T-M.jpg

i-Cj3nvdD-M.jpg

i-WMfBQDQ-M.jpg

Lunch was a smoked lake trout.

i-gMmMJm6-M.jpg

A visit to Jay Cooke State Park in the afternoon made apparent the lack of rainfall in the area.

i-khkPw8n-M.jpg

i-KDvTGCH-M.jpg

The St.Louis River usually is fast with white water. On this day it was about 1/2 as high with still areas.

i-wBcpCpM-M.jpg

Cheers, Eric -

Mm25

One Too Many
Sunday trip to Hawk's Ridge to view a day of the raptor migration. By 1:00pm 3,248 raptors had been seen.

i-ZS4JVdh-M.jpg

A Cordova cap made from Magee Donegal wool was perfect for the cool and breezy weather on the bluffs and lake shore.

i-T3MhwfB-M.jpg

i-S2L7V4T-M.jpg

i-Cj3nvdD-M.jpg

i-WMfBQDQ-M.jpg

Lunch was a smoked lake trout.

i-gMmMJm6-M.jpg

A visit to Jay Cooke State Park in the afternoon made apparent the lack of rainfall in the area.

i-khkPw8n-M.jpg

i-KDvTGCH-M.jpg

The St.Louis River usually is fast with white water. On this day it was about 1/2 as high with still areas.

i-wBcpCpM-M.jpg

Cheers, Eric -
What a great day. Beautiful country.
I used to wait until the third week of October here to trap juvenile, migrating Redtails for falconry. They are usually pretty thick by then. Takes about two weeks to train them up and by the time some of the underbrush dies back, they are ready to hunt.
Thanks again for sharing!

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Magee Donegal cap for yesterdays cooler weather.

i-3r3cgDf-M.jpg

i-RPPNQkC-M.jpg

i-34H6VMp-M.jpg

Home and I changed into an unlined cap. This is a full sized, 3" brim Monsivais cap in a different Donegal wool.

i-PCNNHmH-M.jpg

i-W6CSXCB-M.jpg

The satin tip helps keep the top of the cap tidy and clean from my bald pate.

i-6kF63Cq-M.jpg

This morning I added some yard debris to the smoldering coals from last nights campfire. A different Monsivais cap was my working cap. Full sized caps are a fun style to have on your cap rack.

i-HZBdQCt-M.jpg

i-b8cmPjs-M.jpg

i-H3Ts66S-M.jpg

i-p98T5Dn-M.jpg

Cheers to all cap folks, Eric -

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bergsma112