Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Cap Are You Wearing Today?

jonesy86

I'll Lock Up
Love that cap! It is sharp and has a complimentary shape. Congrats!

Picking up the shore line in a Monsavais Cap this morning.

i-RBQwNCP-M.jpg

The Donegeal wool is eye catching, IMO.

i-wx7Hkf7-M.jpg

This cap has a full size drape.

i-q3MbGLP-M.jpg

i-BzFbqx2-M.jpg

A hardware store errand in a Simonds Streamline cap.

i-5jHqR3J-M.jpg

The wool is full of details.

i-p9nKZNC-M.jpg

i-rdB6h7v-M.jpg

The belt back makes the cap eye appealing coming and going.

i-DcK7sFW-M.jpg

Cheers cap folks, Eric -
Thanks, yeah someone has good taste in straw.

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
I got the last wear of a straw cap today.

i-N46X8PC-M.jpg

i-9vRrGLh-M.jpg

i-JjvWTcB-M.jpg

i-ZcBHdqh-M.jpg

Perfect mid 70'f weather to enjoy a last day until next Spring.

I completed storing the straw caps this afternoon.

i-vq6n6tQ-M.jpg

i-p32rg5k-M.jpg

Dry fitted them in a solid hat box. They fit. Crowns have bubble wrap inserted in them with tissue paper rolled up and inserted between the brim and crown.

i-HcJ6shz-M.jpg

I do insert one of the straw caps into an un-zipped Ziplock bag for extra protection.

i-zdcW7kr-M.jpg

I am feeling better and off to work on storing panamas.

i-h9tTv7V-M.jpg

Cheers cap folks, Eric -

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Before heading out at 8:30am I took an opportunity to use the trimmer. I wore a Dunn and Co. Rutland cap.

i-VMwcZ7J-M.jpg

This Harris Tweed has lovely color hues in the tweed.

i-vV2tTb3-M.jpg

i-CTZXr8b-M.jpg

i-sBwNpzB-M.jpg

The synthetic head band was wet with perspiration at the end of my efforts. A wipe off with a damp towel and then I sat it on my cap block to dry. How this evening the cap is ready for the next outside chore.

Cheers, Eric -

johnnycanuck

My Mail is Forwarded Here
New flat caps from Winners. Nothing fancy but functional. Modern duck bill fit. Unfortunately with a LO head shape I need to try flat caps on to make sure they fit before buying. Not many store carry really good quality ones but I am happy with the fit and look of these.
15F8614F-D7E9-4E1F-8386-1E2AB8CBA1D9.jpeg

601B9CD6-3529-4C6E-A12F-23DA71CF68F2.jpeg

Here is my collection.
Front row are my two new ones
Back row left to right is my black Tilley, one my grandfather bough on sale but never got to wear (mid 80’s?) no label, Then his hat he wore daily that is way to small for me. Both grandparents are Scottish and both wore flat caps all their lives. It’s a farming/labour class thing.
0745BFA4-63AA-46FF-8A7F-F36E2601DCEF.jpeg

I have been wearing my Tilley for a few years but everyone thinks is a beret. I try not to let it bug me…
Stay safe everyone
Johnny

New flat caps from Winners. Nothing fancy but functional. Modern duck bill fit. Unfortunately with a LO head shape I need to try flat caps on to make sure they fit before buying. Not many store carry really good quality ones but I am happy with the fit and look of these.
View attachment 372151
View attachment 372153
Here is my collection.
Back row left to right is my black Tilley, one my grandfather bough on sale but never got to wear (mid 80’s?) no label, Then his hat he wore daily that is way to small for me. Both grandparents are Scottish and both wore flat caps all their lives. It’s a farming/labour class thing.
View attachment 372155
I have been wearing my Tilley for a few years but everyone thinks is a beret. I try not to let it bug me…
Stay safe everyone
Johnny
That outta do it. Nice lineup Johnny

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
View attachment 372151
View attachment 372153
Here is my collection.
View attachment 372155
Stay safe everyone
Johnny

Looks like you are prepping for the cool months. Congrats on the selection of caps.

I put caps to work yesterday during my escapades.

A Cordova Cap early morning.
i-KRPZ9hr-M.jpg

i-qZd92VM-M.jpg

A vintage JC Penny's cap.
i-z4n3bhT-M.jpg

i-tWCMPcx-M.jpg

i-MBWggnx-M.jpg

A Cordova Harris Tweed (Keepers of the Orb) cap.

i-N5Ld4ZP-M.jpg

i-b3b9vX9-M.jpg

i-BdQ82X4-M.jpg

Cheers, Eric -

View attachment 372151
View attachment 372153
That one looks good on you. I imagine the green one looks pretty much the same, except...green. I have more than a few flat caps--Ivy, Newsboy, even a couple of six-panel "duckbill" caps that I'm not crazy about--in various materials and patterns, but I don't have one in Houndstooth. I should probably rectify that one of these days.

earl

A-List Customer
I got the last wear of a straw cap today.

i-N46X8PC-M.jpg

i-9vRrGLh-M.jpg

i-JjvWTcB-M.jpg

i-ZcBHdqh-M.jpg

Perfect mid 70'f weather to enjoy a last day until next Spring.

I completed storing the straw caps this afternoon.

i-vq6n6tQ-M.jpg

i-p32rg5k-M.jpg

Dry fitted them in a solid hat box. They fit. Crowns have bubble wrap inserted in them with tissue paper rolled up and inserted between the brim and crown.

i-HcJ6shz-M.jpg

I do insert one of the straw caps into an un-zipped Ziplock bag for extra protection.

i-zdcW7kr-M.jpg

I am feeling better and off to work on storing panamas.

i-h9tTv7V-M.jpg

Cheers cap folks, Eric -
Man, you have a lot of hats! Must have to devote several closets or an unused bedroom just to hat storage.

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Man, you have a lot of hats! Must have to devote several closets or an unused bedroom just to hat storage.

Good morning Earl. I am taking your comment as one being sincere about numbers and storage. ( I do not participate in the sharing a count of hats, or in the case of this thread - caps. That has proven to be a slippery slope in my experience. I truly am not being sensitive. My experience in a public forum is one posts that could be misconstrued to be of swagger or boasting. My posts on The Fedora Lounge are of my adventures in caps and hats. All of the headgear must be enjoyed to be worn. I choose to not collect shelf Hat/cap rack Queens. )

On to the answer of storing; I do store hats and caps in my wardrobe in this house.

I store my caps in large sealed plastic tubs. I have caps out that I would like to wear and ones that are waiting to be put back in the tubs.

i-sz8Mjwk-M.jpg

Caps that see hard effort go on my cap block. I am fortunate to have a cap block that I can use for shaping, cleaning and steaming my caps.

i-9KKMvzj-M.jpg

Cheers, Eric -

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points