Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Cap Are You Wearing Today?

Mean Eyed Matt

One Too Many
View attachment 529910

Saturday 1 July, 2023. Bronson A3 cap in pre-war spec blue denim. Wore this out to Dog Day Afternoon at Crystal Palace - Iggy Pop headlining with Blondie, Generation Sex, Stiff Little Fingers, Buzzcocks, and Lambrini Girls in support). Cracking gig. Overcast morning - if I'd realised how hot it was going to get in the mid-afternoon, I'd have put on some suncream and worn a Daisy Mae - and not had the lobster forearms and back of the neck I did this morning! Well worth it, though. Outstanding show by all, non least Pop himself, whose DNA is, I am certain, about 47% lion. Man's 76 and he's not slowed down a beat since I first saw him 25 years ago....
Saw Iggy last year in Hamburg: Unbelievable this guy!

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Home yesterday after some work travel. I brought only my straw cap.

i-BdrNrMQ-M.jpg

Both air trips the TSA agents complimented my cap. I place my cap in a see through plastic bag when it passes through the scanner. My cap was unscathed during the work flights.

i-BPgNMVJ-M.jpg

Cheers, Eric -

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
All those are great, Eric... but that last one is really next level! That's an amazing fabric.

I second that: amazing!

Thanks guys. Damian Monsivais, https://monsivaisco.com/, had this material when he first started retailing caps. The Donegal fabric is really grand. I have really enjoyed wearing this cap. I have worn the silk screening on the liner tip right off. I have even had to Woolite spot wash this cap before. Excellent cap.

I have looked at the MacGee Donegeal Tweed the past couple years to get another in a different hue, but can not find a similar courser and colorful weave. The MacGee fabrics are gorgeous, but not as rugged in appearance. (https://www.magee1866.com/us/Eske---Green-Salt-and-Pepper-Donegal-Tweed/m-12759.aspx)

i-7ScTp6Q-L.jpg

After typing this I may have to place an order for a couple Donegal caps for Fall.

Cheers, Eric -

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Good evening. Today I wore a new cap. While it is not a new material'd cap, it is a new stlye cap with a fabric I love. I wear my other cap lots. I was concerned that I would wear my other paneled cap to an early demise.

This 8 point cap is truly a fav of mine. I believe it shows structure and drape and focuses attention on the fabric of the cap.

Mr.Cordova has been nailing my preference for fit and appearance of late. This cap is on point to be dynamite and a fav.

i-HsRV6Dn-M.jpg

i-d5wtGBb-M.jpg

i-Xr35nnp-M.jpg

i-RPprLsR-M.jpg

Cheers, Eric -

Mean Eyed Matt

One Too Many
Good evening. Today I wore a new cap. While it is not a new material'd cap, it is a new stlye cap with a fabric I love. I wear my other cap lots. I was concerned that I would wear my other paneled cap to an early demise.

This 8 point cap is truly a fav of mine. I believe it shows structure and drape and focuses attention on the fabric of the cap.

Mr.Cordova has been nailing my preference for fit and appearance of late. This cap is on point to be dynamite and a fav.

i-HsRV6Dn-M.jpg

i-d5wtGBb-M.jpg

i-Xr35nnp-M.jpg

i-RPprLsR-M.jpg

Cheers, Eric -
Fantastic - both style AND fabric!

quikrick

One Too Many

i-HsRV6Dn-M.jpg

i-d5wtGBb-M.jpg

i-Xr35nnp-M.jpg

i-RPprLsR-M.jpg

Cheers, Eric -
Excellent Eric! That's a real beauty.

Coler

New in Town
I wore this Hanna natural linen cap earlier cutting my grass. I'm from Ireland and find Hanna about the best maker of these & tweed hats based here.

Their linen caps are just perfect for me in warmer weather and the tweeds when it gets cold. I also have a tweed walking hat made by them and it's superb.

20230726_221804.jpg

Last edited:

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Good evening folks. I wuld like to share a new cap from Mr.Cordova. This selvedge material cap has been created into a 8 point cap in a gorgeous material. It is stunning in person. I am sharing pics that show different angles to showcase the efforts that Mr.Cordova has put in to make a cap to fit my head shape and desires.

i-MLLx8hz-M.jpg

i-3xtHgCs-M.jpg

i-JrkWNX8-M.jpg

i-QNHgCGn-M.jpg

i-shgKWMt-M.jpg

Killer material!

i-M3vWHsg-M.jpg

Cheers, Eric -

Last edited:

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
I took off this afternoon and I am home enjoying a sunny summer afternoon. A straw cap is my headgear.

i-MFv8vMf-M.jpg

I am fortunate to have 3 straw caps. A truly lightweight and a couple of woven straw caps in different cap styles. I thought it might be interesting to share the three. I hope you enjoy.

i-PKv3VQj-M.jpg

i-QHRJ3JC-M.jpg

i-VTcKsHw-M.jpg

i-XQkt7xw-M.jpg

i-ZCMwtMc-M.jpg

i-F4zKRsr-M.jpg

i-nD3zG3M-M.jpg

I showed my wife this post before publishing it and she shared her fav. While she see's the differences I can tell she is skeptical about my owning three straw caps.

Cheers, Eric -

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
usleathermart