Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Cap Are You Wearing Today?

Coler

New in Town
Another linen cap made by Hanna for me today. When I ordered I couldn't decide between natural/plain linen or this beige check. I quite like them both. This check one goes a littlle better with e.g khaki/cream trousers or shorts than the plain one, which is great with solid colours/tones.

20230729_121331.jpg

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Another linen cap made by Hanna for me today. When I ordered I couldn't decide between natural/plain linen or this beige check. I quite like them both. This check one goes a littlle better with e.g khaki/cream trousers or shorts than the plain one, which is great with solid colours/tones.

View attachment 535707

Excellent Hanna linen cap sir. Thanks for sharing.

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up

Your linen cap paired with your polo are sharp. Caps are not only for workwear!

Same linen cap as yesterday. I've been away with my family for a few days in the West of Ireland. Heading home to Dublin and then to South West France next week for the rest of August. I'll bring my panama, one of these and probably my tilley wanderer View attachment 537517
Thanks for sharing the weather and background in your pic,....oh yes and the cap. It is a grand cap.

Cheers, Eric. -

TheOldFashioned

Call Me a Cab
Without further ado, the Prima Sport by Keith Lo Bue (The Well-Dressed Head):
FB_IMG_1691349180312.jpg
FB_IMG_1691349123694.jpg

A bit of backstory. I was fortunate enough to come into possession of a Five Points WDH cap secondhand courtesy of a fellow Lounger a while back. I had always admired Keith's creations thanks to the contributions from Eric, Alan, and others, but having one in hand allowed me a better understanding of just how special of a product Keith creates. He truly is an artist and dedicated craftsman, and his ability to source unique vintage (or even antique) material sets his caps apart in my humble opinion.

This actually was the third cap I picked, so why is it making it's debut now? Well, the first cap I chose is a heavier weight wool material and will be more appropriate for cooler temperatures. That new cap day will occur at a later date yet to be determined by Mother Nature.

The second cap I chose was accidentally listed as in stock, but Keith discovered it was out of stock when he was boxing up my order for shipment. No big deal. Keith offered to make me one and I was more than willing to wait. Feeling bad about the mixup and having to have me wait, however, Keith also asked if there was another cap that I was interested in that could be included instead in the order. Hence, this third cap. There was a price delta between my original selection and this one, which I noted in my conversation with him. Keith, however, in his infinite kindness generously offered me this cap at the same price as the other!

This Prima Sport is constructed from a 1930s cotton discharge print material. The dots and arcs are eggshell in color after being washed away from the black base material. The pattern is quite mesmerizing and gives a cosmic vibe of stars and moons. The liner is an iridescent burgundy that shimmers black when viewing from an angle. The materials compliment one another fantastically:
20230806_121401.jpg
20230806_121856.jpg
20230806_121434.jpg

The lighter weight and venting by the brim will make this an excellent warmer weather cap. I have only had it for two days and I have worn it both days. No pics from the first day since I spent most of it on a road trip, but here are some pics on a drizzly morning along my city's river walk:
20230806_110942.jpg
20230806_110939.jpg
20230806_111621.jpg

One final note. This purchase was definitely on the high end for me, and honestly, more than I thought I would ever spend on a hat/cap. It was worth it! The craftsmanship is second to none. The combination of patterns and materials essentially makes his caps one of one. But beyond that, and what truly makes it worth it, is that Keith is a helluva guy. He didn't have to do what he did but he went above and beyond anyway. The entire process and our conversations from start to finish were thoroughly enjoyable. I felt like I made a new friend. I am happy to support artists like Keith, and I plan to do so again in the future.

(On the small chance that I have piqued anyone's interest regarding getting a WDH cap, please note that Keith's Etsy store is on hiatus. He recently posted that 1) he will be traveling internationally and 2) he will be shuttering his Etsy store and creating/hosting his own web site upon this return. So stay tuned for exciting new developments from Keith Lo Bue and The Well-Dressed Head.)

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
View attachment 537858 View attachment 537859

A bit of backstory. I was fortunate enough to come into possession of a Five Points WDH cap secondhand courtesy of a fellow Lounger a while back. I had always admired Keith's creations thanks to the contributions from Eric, Alan, and others, but having one in hand allowed me a better understanding of just how special of a product Keith creates. He truly is an artist and dedicated craftsman, and his ability to source unique vintage (or even antique) material sets his caps apart in my humble opinion.

This actually was the third cap I picked, so why is it making it's debut now? Well, the first cap I chose is a heavier weight wool material and will be more appropriate for cooler temperatures. That new cap day will occur at a later date yet to be determined by Mother Nature.

The second cap I chose was accidentally listed as in stock, but Keith discovered it was out of stock when he was boxing up my order for shipment. No big deal. Keith offered to make me one and I was more than willing to wait. Feeling bad about the mixup and having to have me wait, however, Keith also asked if there was another cap that I was interested in that could be included instead in the order. Hence, this third cap. There was a price delta between my original selection and this one, which I noted in my conversation with him. Keith, however, in his infinite kindness generously offered me this cap at the same price as the other!

This Prima Sport is constructed from a 1930s cotton discharge print material. The dots and arcs are eggshell in color after being washed away from the black base material. The pattern is quite mesmerizing and gives a cosmic vibe of stars and moons. The liner is an iridescent burgundy that shimmers black when viewing from an angle. The materials compliment one another fantastically:
View attachment 537860 View attachment 537861 View attachment 537862

The lighter weight and venting by the brim will make this an excellent warmer weather cap. I have only had it for two days and I have worn it both days. No pics from the first day since I spent most of it on a road trip, but here are some pics on a drizzly morning along my city's river walk:
View attachment 537863 View attachment 537864 View attachment 537865

One final note. This purchase was definitely on the high end for me, and honestly, more than I thought I would ever spend on a hat/cap. It was worth it! The craftsmanship is second to none. The combination of patterns and materials essentially makes his caps one of one. But beyond that, and what truly makes it worth it, is that Keith is a helluva guy. He didn't have to do what he did but he went above and beyond anyway. The entire process and our conversations from start to finish were thoroughly enjoyable. I felt like I made a new friend. I am happy to support artists like Keith, and I plan to do so again in the future.

(On the small chance that I have piqued anyone's interest regarding getting a WDH cap, please note that Keith's Etsy store is on hiatus. He recently posted that 1) he will be traveling internationally and 2) he will be shuttering his Etsy store and creating/hosting his own web site upon this return. So stay tuned for exciting new developments from Keith Lo Bue and The Well-Dressed Head.)

I am confident that you can hear my clapping from just west of you. The Prima Sport model is stunning in the cotton fabric. It is stunning and you can be certain folks will notice and comment. Very classy and very 30's in appearance.

Keith is definitely a good guy. Creative, attentive to detail and just a good guy. The cap world is better with WDH caps.

Over the upcoming years it will be fun to see what cap adventurers you and the WDH caps share with us.

Wear it proudly sir.

Eric -

TheOldFashioned

Call Me a Cab
I am confident that you can hear my clapping from just west of you. The Prima Sport model is stunning in the cotton fabric. It is stunning and you can be certain folks will notice and comment. Very classy and very 30's in appearance.

Keith is definitely a good guy. Creative, attentive to detail and just a good guy. The cap world is better with WDH caps.

Over the upcoming years it will be fun to see what cap adventurers you and the WDH caps share with us.

Wear it proudly sir.

Eric -

A tip of the cap to you, Eric, for making me aware of a great guy and a great product!

View attachment 537858 View attachment 537859

View attachment 537860 View attachment 537861 View attachment 537862

View attachment 537863 View attachment 537864 View attachment 537865

That is one fabulous cap, Jonathan.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eve_grace