Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What cigar (or pipe) did you smoke today?

BobC

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Had a Montecristi Number 2 and a Cohiba robusto yesterday. We arrived in Freeport yesterday afternoon, but our luggage didn't, so we're sitting oround waiting today for our shorts and swimsuits to arrive. :rage: Doesn't stop us from enjoying the local flavors and quisine though.

BobC

jamespowers said:
Sounds like you were enjoying two of the local flavors already. ;) :p

Yes, indeed. Today, I picked up a few Partagas Serie D Number 4, the epitome of island cigars IMHO. They just don't come any better than that. I smoked one and saved two for "later". I also had and SoC after dinner tonight. I am becoming more and more fond of those as well.

Our lugggage arrived at our door today also, so we are officially on vacation now. :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

indycop

I'll Lock Up
BobC said:
Had a Montecristi Number 2 and a Cohiba robusto yesterday. We arrived in Freeport yesterday afternoon, but our luggage didn't, so we're sitting oround waiting today for our shorts and swimsuits to arrive. :rage: Doesn't stop us from enjoying the local flavors and quisine though.
:eek: :eek:

BobC said:
Yes, indeed. Today, I picked up a few Partagas Serie D Number 4, the epitome of island cigars IMHO. They just don't come any better than that. I smoked one and saved two for "later". I also had and SoC after dinner tonight. I am becoming more and more fond of those as well.

Our lugggage arrived at our door today also, so we are officially on vacation now. :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Partagas eh? You sound like me now. ;) :p

BobC

jamespowers said:
Be brave and try a Partagas Culebra. Smoke all three at once if you dare. :D ;)

Today, I had a Cuabo. WOW! Was that a mouthful. It was recommended by a gentleman who saw me buying my Partagas. WOW! What a peppery, full flavored smoke. I don't think I've ever had anything like it.

deelovely

Practically Family
La Fontana with Starbucks colombian coffee, brewed at home ;)

lafontana.jpg

BobC

Had a Perdoma and a La Aroma de Cuba today so far today. They were both well travelled cigars. I bought them in JAX, FL. They travelled to Illinois and then to Freeport, GBI. Both were quite good, but I should have smoked the AOC on the beach and the Perdoma later, but I did the reverse. The AOC is milder, but tasty none the less.

Tonight Partagas rules!

randooch

I'll Lock Up
Cigar Newbie here

Ventured into the local News & Smokes shop intent on picking up a new bad habit, and WOW! Too much to choose from, although i managed.

What struck me was the dominance of Dominican Republic -- must've been 80 or 90% of the stock. Can someone guide me a bit to keep me from throwing money at mediocre cigars? How much is normal for a tasty smoke? I spent 5 or 6 bucks apiece.

Guidance appreciated. :D

St.Ignatz

Call Me a Cab
What did you buy Randooch? You can absolutely get something worth harming you health with for 5 or 6 bucks. If your smoke shop has a smoking area grab a chair, watch the game and converse. They are worse (or better) than barber shops for getting opinions.
Tom D.

BobC

For the rest of the day I had an Oliva Serie V and a Partagas Serie D Number 4. Not a bad day at all.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPR