Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What cigar (or pipe) did you smoke today?

indycop

I'll Lock Up
BobC said:
Had a Perdoma and a La Aroma de Cuba today so far today. They were both well travelled cigars. I bought them in JAX, FL. They travelled to Illinois and then to Freeport, GBI. Both were quite good, but I should have smoked the AOC on the beach and the Perdoma later, but I did the reverse. The AOC is milder, but tasty none the less.

Tonight Partagas rules!
Sounds like you are having a great time!:D

BobC

My Mail is Forwarded Here
St.Ignatz said:
Partagas Serie D Number 4 just may be my absolute favorite and the Oliva V is sure no slacker. Enjoy.
Tom D.

You know, my saying so may seem a sacrilage to JP :eek: , but after smoking all of those in one day, I can say that I actually thought the Perdoma and the Oliva were better cigars than the Partagas. I guess my point is, it doesn't have to be an island cigar to still be good.

St.Ignatz

Call Me a Cab
BobC said:
You know, my saying so may seem a sacrilage to JP :eek: , but after smoking all of those in one day, I can say that I actually thought the Perdoma and the Oliva were better cigars than the Partagas. I guess my point is, it doesn't have to be an island cigar to still be good.

After a co-worker brought back a fist full of no.4 fakes I am now way too suspicious unless purchased by myself. I smoked a Legendario in to work today and just wasn't crazy about it. It seemed odd as I've enjoy the previous dozen one and all. It's interesting how some unknown variable can change the whole experience. Oliveros Eight-zero Torpedo home. No problem there. I do agree with you that there are a lot of outstanding and reasonably priced cigars from "other" sources. I'm sure all the cheese in France isn't world class either.
Tom D.

BobC

St.Ignatz said:
After a co-worker brought back a fist full of no.4 fakes I am now way too suspicious unless purchased by myself. I smoked a Legendario in to work today and just wasn't crazy about it. It seemed odd as I've enjoy the previous dozen one and all. It's interesting how some unknown variable can change the whole experience. Oliveros Eight-zero Torpedo home. No problem there. I do agree with you that there are a lot of outstanding and reasonably priced cigars from "other" sources. I'm sure all the cheese in France isn't world class either.
Tom D.

Two points you make are so appropriate. Cuban cigars have become so craved in the US that there are many selling to the unsuspecting and unknowing what they say are Cubans that, in fact, are not. That's certainly not to say that I'm an expert by any means, but a little experience goes a long way in selecting the real thing.

The other involves how much state of mind is a factor in the enjoyment of cigars. I always try to smoke several of a new cigar before I pass judgment as to whether I buy more or not. The prime example is the RP Spring robusto. Had I smoked only one, I would never have bought more. It was the second and third that convinced me of their greatness. Now I have enough of them in my humidor to last quite a while.

Today, I smoked an RP Spring robusto, a Partages Serie D Number 4 (real Cuban), and an AB SoC robusto. I enjoyed each of them to the very end.

BobC

Today we visited a new place on the island, the Margarita Villa Sand Bar. We were invited by Loren, the hostess, who greeted us as we arrived. We were welcomed though we were shoeless and shirtless with cigars in hand and served ribs, cole slaw, fries and O rings that would equal or better any we've had anywhere. Visit if you get to their part of paradise. The sand floor will be a surprise and a treat for you.

indycop

I'll Lock Up
BobC said:
Today we visited a new place on the island, the Margarita Villa Sand Bar. We were invited by Loren, the hostess, who greeted us as we arrived. We were welcomed though we were shoeless and shirtless with cigars in hand and served ribs, cole slaw, fries and O rings that would equal or better any we've had anywhere. Visit if you get to their part of paradise. The sand floor will be a surprise and a treat for you.
YOU ARE KILLIN ME!!:eek: lol

BobC said:
Two points you make are so appropriate. Cuban cigars have become so craved in the US that there are many selling to the unsuspecting and unknowing what they say are Cubans that, in fact, are not. That's certainly not to say that I'm an expert by any means, but a little experience goes a long way in selecting the real thing.

The other involves how much state of mind is a factor in the enjoyment of cigars. I always try to smoke several of a new cigar before I pass judgment as to whether I buy more or not. The prime example is the RP Spring robusto. Had I smoked only one, I would never have bought more. It was the second and third that convinced me of their greatness. Now I have enough of them in my humidor to last quite a while.

Today, I smoked an RP Spring robusto, a Partages Serie D Number 4 (real Cuban), and an AB SoC robusto. I enjoyed each of them to the very end.

You are quite right of course. There are many offerings from little exotic islands that suffer quality problems from poor construction to being plugged enough to be unsmokable. However, when they are on their game it is pretty darned good.
There are indeed many cigars from other countries that are decent cigars as well. They can cost just as much or even more at times though. In the costs more category, I just go for the real thing. ;) :p

Kid Mac

Practically Family
The Smoking Lamp is lit ...

Esoterica Dorchester in a Blakemar bullcap. Opened the tin today after eight years in my tobacco cellar. Mature Virginia with Louisiana Perique. Smooth and tasty.

Mac

BobC

AB SoC and a Partagas Serie D Number 4, both on the beach today. After dinner a RP Spring robusto.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner