Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What cigar (or pipe) did you smoke today?

rikrdo

A-List Customer
Fuente Hemingway.....one of my top 5 cigars.
Opus X?
I'll smoke em if they are gifted to me. I will NEVER buy one.
Way overhyped and WAY over priced.

Got some new sticks coming (Casa Torano Churchills) and I bought 1 Lonsdale from THIS company.
Any one familiar with Illusione Cigars ?

Eduard

Familiar Face
On very rare occasion I smoke a none Cuban... This time it was a Leon Jimenes Don Fernando, a Dominican. A gift from one gentleman to another so I couldn't refuse and politely smoked it :D
The cigar (a Corona) looks great with a beautiful dark wrapper. Nice draw and burn and the taste is fine. This medium bodied cigar is a bit too "medium" for me... Many people might consider this as a great cigar but I don't want another one :rage:

rmrdaddy

One Too Many
Well...mea culpa ! I'm a habanos fiend!

Tonight, generously gifted and smoked to little less than nubs....
Hoyo Serie Du Connaisseur #1 - 2000
Great flavors; white pepper, spicy and woody

Por Larranaga Montecarlo - 1998!
Sadly discontinued, it was mind blowing! Cedar, burnt sugar, floral, WOW!

Eduard

Familiar Face
indycop said:
Meaning if it's not a Cuban it's not real, or if it's not expensive it's not real?

For me a real cigar is a Cuban puro. Period. This has nothing to do with money and does not mean that other cigars aren't good. In Cuba the entire proces of producing a longfiller is done without any machinery. Even the ploughing of the tobacco fields is done by an ox... That's what I mean. The same goes for a Montecristi Panama hat. These hats are not woven by machine. They are woven by human hands, hour after hour, day after day, week after week...

indycop

I'll Lock Up
Eduard said:
For me a real cigar is a Cuban puro. Period. This has nothing to do with money and does not mean that other cigars aren't good. In Cuba the entire proces of producing a longfiller is done without any machinery. Even the ploughing of the tobacco fields is done by an ox... That's what I mean. The same goes for a Montecristi Panama hat. These hats are not woven by machine. They are woven by human hands, hour after hour, day after day, week after week...

I have had only one real Cuban and it was not kept in a humidor so it's unknown just how bad it was kept or how good a cigar it once was since it was badly dried out. Got it from another cop, go figure.:D I've also had one Montecristi panama which even after sending to Art for reflanging just would not do right on my extra long oval head so off it went to the classifieds.:eusa_doh:
I guess luckily for me I enjoy other hats and a wide range of cigars especially the cheaper ones. In my house I have to share the cigars with my wife ( on a lowly cop's salary:eusa_doh: ) so what I get goes twice as fast as most peoples collections I guess. But being able to lay in the hammock and enjoy a cigar together is better than sitting by myself having one so I don't mind.:)

One of these days maybe I will spring for some Cubans somewhere but with what it cost just for the shipping I can get alot of other cigars so I just can't see it. Maybe my next Bahamas cruise...

indycop

I'll Lock Up
Just finished the Don Pepin, It was excellent! :cool2: Triple cap, great draw, creamy taste. My wife had a 601 Blue last night and a Montecristo Platinum tonight. She also said the Don Pepin was the best one she has tried. The Monte had a hard draw for some reason.

Can anyone tell me if the 5 Vegas cigars would be as good since I "believe" they are from Don Pepin also?

rikrdo

A-List Customer
IC: Cant go wrong with any of the 5 Vegas offerings.
Dont know how many lines they have now but Ive never had a bad one.
very consistant and reasonably priced

Selentino

One of the Regulars
Just came off the deck after enjoying one of my last Bolivar Toros and a glass or three of a 2000 Gould Campell vintage port. I can think of worse ways to end a day lol

feltfan said:
JP, did your cigars ever arrive? Mine sure haven't.

They did indeed. It did take a while but I only got two of the three I ordered. Someone might have caught on I suppose. They were very good cigars. A little mild for my taste but good enough.
At least they weren't at the sick stage like the ammonia flavored ones I got from Romeo y Julieta. Reminded me of smoking menthol cigarettes. :rolleyes: :eusa_doh:
I suppose patience will prevail. If they charged your card then you will get it soon after.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindawalters