Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What color trousers in Winter?

Ralphin Ormond

New in Town
I live in Central Florida and have been wearing white denims most of the time for years. As I prepare for retirement (5 months to go!), I've been trying to get my closet in good order for the new phase of my life. I've heard that wearing white trousers in winter is, strictly speaking, bad form. Does form suggest an alternative to white, such as gray? Is it just anything that's not white? Thanks for any advice. Ralph

dhermann1

I'll Lock Up
I don't think that rules like that apply in a climate like Florida's. Wear what's comfortable and in kepeing with the weather. Same applies to straw hats and panamas.

Stanley Doble

Call Me a Cab
White suits, shoes, belts, and trousers are taboo after Labor Day in the north. I don't think the same rule applies in Florida.

1961MJS

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Hi

You say you've been wearing white denim for years. Just pick up a couple of pair of Khaki's in slightly different colors. Those will go with most shirts that go with white anyway. Florida is effectively a tropical state.

Later

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elzbthy