Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What did the successful executive write in?

We have had some wonderful discussions about fountain pens and pen inks, and even a bit about Moleskine notebooks. But does anyone have an idea or example of what did the successful executive in the 30?¢‚Ǩ‚Ñ¢s and 40?¢‚Ǩ‚Ñ¢s write in and keep his business notes in? I know my grandfather used lined 8.5x11 ledger type books for all of his meeting notes, ideas, and recording to-do?¢‚Ǩ‚Ñ¢s as I used to read them when I was just a wee tyke. But was that the common style?

I am hopeful that I can tap into this deep well of knowledge and someone will have an answer!

Thanks,

PR

A daily Journal

I know a lot of business guys that get a daily journal, the type where each page has the day date printed on top. They use it as a calendar and note book. I think that some people did the same in the 30's and 40's.

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
My father and grandfather both used jotters throughout their careers as I do today. I would be at a serious disadvantage without one at this point in time, as one comes to rely on them.

Shoes455.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner