Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Did You Drink Last Night?

ladybrettashley said:
So, i can rather see not having Hendrick's, with all it's fanciness ;) , but how on earth does a bar not have the ingredients for a manhattan?! That's awful near "oh, i'm sorry, we don't serve martini's". Ah, well.

Anyhow, i had something like a Bronx - but with grapefruit instead of orange. You know, because that's what was lying around. It was excellent!

I just about had to go behind the bar and make my Old Fashioned myself too. She had to check out the book. :rolleyes: :eusa_doh:

PoohBang

Suspended
Well last night I was at Stone Brewery and had a grand ol' time!

Started with an Oaked ba***rd and moved on to a Ruination IPA then took the tour and had some pale. Went home with a growler of Smokey Porter with Vanilla Bean...

Having some of that tonight....

kittypackard

Familiar Face
A Jean Harlow

Mmmmm ...Had a thoroughly delightful evening sipping a few Jean Harlow's ....

White rum
2 oz sweet vermouth

The Blonde Bombshell was supposedly fond of this martini created in her honour. Best served chilled, with a lemon peel garnish.

BegintheBeguine

My Mail is Forwarded Here
kittypackard said:
Mmmmm ...Had a thoroughly delightful evening sipping a few Jean Harlow's ....

White rum
2 oz sweet vermouth

The Blonde Bombshell was supposedly fond of this martini created in her honour. Best served chilled, with a lemon peel garnish.
I'm going to try that as I have a huge bottle of white rum that I bought for some strange reason and it's almost full.
I had a Beefeater Martini to celebrate Tony Bennett's birthday.

MisterCairo

I'll Lock Up
The liquor store (those of us in Ontario understand why I say "THE liquor store) is now stocking Deucher's India Pale Ale from Caledonian Brewery in Edinburgh. A very tasty IPA, quite hoppy, but not so bitter as to be avoided as a session ale. Enjoyed two yesterday after a hard weekend's moving.

Along with it's cousin, 80/- (80 Shilling), two of the best beers I've ever had.

jamespowers said:
Friday I was extremely disappointed in a local bar. They didn't have the ingredients for a Manhattan for goodness sake! I ended up having a beer and a gin and tonic. Yes, I had to settle for Sapphire because they sure as heck didn't have Hendrick's. Last time that place will ever see me again. Its pretty sad when my home bar has better and more stock that they do. :rolleyes: :eusa_doh:

I recently took a bottle of bitters to a bar I enjoy frequenting just to get a manhattan! And usually they don't know how to make a "Perfect" manhattan - it is one of lifes' discouragements, anyway the jar of bitters now resides at the end of the bar and usually only used by myself:)

ladybrettashley

One of the Regulars
Nash Buckingham said:
I recently took a bottle of bitters to a bar I enjoy frequenting just to get a manhattan! And usually they don't know how to make a "Perfect" manhattan - it is one of lifes' discouragements, anyway the jar of bitters now resides at the end of the bar and usually only used by myself:)

Excellent! Nice to see someone being proactive about the problem ;)

I had a G&T with New Amsterdam gin. Hadn't had it before, it's a bit...alcoholic. That is, it smells of alcohol as much or more than of juniper. Fine for a G&T, not sure i'd brave it in something stiffer. Guess you do get what you pay for =).

Nash Buckingham said:

I'd have to take half my bar there to make that place have a decent menu. :eusa_doh: :rolleyes: I'll stay home and peruse my own bar if that needs to be the case---its cheaper and less agravating. :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CCRider