Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What do you look like?

Viola

Call Me a Cab
Gosh, you guys all look great.

Well, everyone else has posted, and I wanted to play too. Vintage pics have yet to be taken, here's what I have.

meandgunny2lw7.jpg

The dog's not mine, my little dog is still three times his size, but every once it in a while its nice to have one you can lift.

My sewing machine wants to wave to the forum too. :)

More vintage-y pics will be posted as soon as I re-borrow the camera.

nightandthecity

Practically Family
A STUDY IN SARTORIAL DEGENERATION

Unfortunately i have very few digital pictures of myself. Looking through them I found to my horror a record of sartorial degeneration of which I was previously unaware. It began with a DB suit worn unbuttoned

DSCN3703.jpg

soon I was to be found unshaven and without collar or tie!!
DSCN6977.jpg

before long I could be seen wearing working clothes as casual wear!!! And mixing with suspicious "musical" types!

PaulalisonmikeBSCFeb2004.jpg

rriotxmasparty2004.jpg

.....and finally consorting with hippies!!!!!

alisonpaulmorrisDSCN1310.jpg

nightandthecity

Practically Family
MORE ON HIPPIES!

...mind you, they know some pretty clever stuff handed down over generations of spiritually wise English peasants or leant from ancient Anglo-Saxon runic inscriptions......for starters, THEY CAN LEVITATE THEMSELVES!!

w0609.jpg

nightandthecity

Practically Family
It's not that I'm vain and egotistical....

...but on mentioning this thread to Mrs Night she said she had a couple more pix of me on the family PC. I had to post them, I think they really capture that depressed unemployed 1930s worker look. I was propping up the front door waiting on someone and hadn't shaved for several days (there was a reason).

As unflattering as most of my pics, but at least I don't have that gormless smile!!

DSCN7520.jpg

DSCN7523.jpg

Wild Root

Gone Home
The Captain said:
Here is one of me (stripped shirt, in the middle) and some of my friends, back in Omaha, Nebraska. Does 1953 count as "vintage?"

61495721.OurGangOmaha53.jpg

My avatar is me four years later in the Marine Corps.

Does 1953 count as vintage... OF COURSE!!! I really like this photo Captain! I see the front driver’s side corner of a 1946-48 Plymouth P-15 with a sun visor in this photo just to the right of you! Just a cool photo all together!

=WR=

scotrace

Head Bartender
Staff member
NightandTheCity - there have been several threads here trying to figure out how to creat just that look, and you have absolutely NAILED it. Great jacket, hat, all of it!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran