Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What do you look like?

Mojave Jack

One Too Many
The Captain said:
If you have any pictures of you in uniform go ahead and post them, Photoshoped or not. I would like to see them.

Semper Fi
Semper Fi, sir!

Here's about the only one in blues I could find last night.

John-Bluessm.jpg

This was taken in January 1985, my first time home on leave, a brand spanking new Lance Coconut. As you can see, I forgot to put on my rifle qualification badge, my only award at the time. At least it was Expert!

Here's a pic of my dad, stepmom and I, Christmas 1986. Look at that gigline! Dead straight! Hair is a little long, but hey! I was on leave! I had actually earned something by then, my Sea Service Deployment from my Med float with the 26 MAU. Shortly thereafter we were awarded the Naval Unit Commendation for our part in Operation El Dorado Canyon.

Christmas1986sm-1.jpg

SinatraStyle

A-List Customer
Atomic Glee said:
Recent pic of yours truly in a new (to me) suit. The slow weight loss continues...

newsuit1.jpg

Kevin,

What kind of hat are you wearing in this picture? It looks great.

Can you get a close-up of your tie?

The Captain

One of the Regulars
RedShoesGirl said:
you and your "boys". you should be singing tunes from West Side Story!

lara

Hey, "Shoes", show tunes were not in our repertoire! Never could get behind two diverse gangs engagaed in a "rumble" and then stopping to sing and dance. I have to admit that this picture looks posed, but that's just the way we looked. (Just part of the "13th Street gang!")

The Captain

One of the Regulars
sonsie said:
heheheh - Omaha, eh? Need me to say hi to anyone?

sonsie

Sonsie, I still have some family back there, but sadly I have lost track of my old friends. That is sad, because as one gets into senior citizen territory it is nice to have someone to reminisce with, someone with who you share a history. Don't lose track of your friends, kid.

The Captain

One of the Regulars
Mojave Jack said:
Semper Fi, sir!

Here's about the only one in blues I could find last night.

John-Bluessm.jpg

This was taken in January 1985, my first time home on leave, a brand spanking new Lance Coconut. As you can see, I forgot to put on my rifle qualification badge, my only award at the time. At least it was Expert!

Here's a pic of my dad, stepmom and I, Christmas 1986. Look at that gigline! Dead straight! Hair is a little long, but hey! I was on leave! I had actually earned something by then, my Sea Service Deployment from my Med float with the 26 MAU. Shortly thereafter we were awarded the Naval Unit Commendation for our part in Operation El Dorado Canyon.

Christmas1986sm-1.jpg

OK, Jack! Saying you look "squared away" just doesn't tell the whole story. And you said you didn't have any decent pics! These are gems that deserve to be posted. SEMPER FI, Marine!

The Captain

One of the Regulars
Marc Chevalier said:
Do you know how much those jeans you all were wearing in the photo would be worth today? :eek:

Marc, I can just imagine. I've seen some of the prices people are paying for designer jeans, one can only guess what a 50+ year pair would bring.
Guess I'll have to dig into the dark depths of the closet! lol Kidding aside, I still have my old black motorcycle jacket that is over 50 years old; A tad rough, but I still wear it on occasion.

The Captain

One of the Regulars
"I love the feel of leather and the smell of boots...er.."

Marc, here is a picture of me back in Omaha, February, '57, shortly before I went into the Corps. The leather jacket was a few years old at the time.
If you look close you can read the name on it: CRASH because I did that once in a while!

62637653.Gf8ueesD.jpg

Lincsong

I'll Lock Up
The Captain said:
Sonsie, I still have some family back there, but sadly I have lost track of my old friends. That is sad, because as one gets into senior citizen territory it is nice to have someone to reminisce with, someone with who you share a history. Don't lose track of your friends, kid.

My Dad is 80 and he still talks to friends from when he was a little kid and teenager. Some of them came to his 80th birthday party last year. They talk about the 30's and 40's like we talk about the 90's.lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bergsma112