Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What do you look like?

Johnny Turner

New in Town
Myself and the kids. My wife refused to be in the picture. I am the fat one in the middle.
oldtimeturners.jpg

Lauren

Distinguished Service Award
Oh, yes, sorry, I'm the one on the left. lol

Sorry, Tony, but that's who I really am! [huh]

I still know a thing or two about vintage when I'm not wearing it, though...

deanglen

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Men's Retreat June 2006

Trying to like the goatee, without Just For Men, but alas, back to full beard and tint from a tube since then (ref. avatar). That's a vintage A-3 Army Air Forces HBT Mechanic's hat I got off OFAS. Don't I look the compassionate shepherd. lol lol
IMGP1002_edited.jpg

dean

deanglen

Terry Lennox said:
I hope that's a Root Beer Bottle? Love the army hat, where'd you get it?

Killian's Irish Red. Not the first. Not the last. Lutheran pastors are allowed moderate drink, Just like Martin did back in Wittenberg in the 1500s. Hat off e-bay back in 2005. Some antique store in Michigan.

dean

deanglen

scotrace said:
Dean, I need to join your church. A cool hat and I know there're more in the closet at home!

How did you know that??!?

I've got a vintage navy version, light green linen under the visor. The visor is has either a leather liner or impregnated cardboard, I think they call it, and I know that sounds strange, if not downright funny coming from me, and is a smaller visor, with no stitching reinforcement, I like it, but it's in rougher shape.
I watch for these on OFAS and they run high! I shelled out $60 for mine, and only got it under a $100 because the strips of cotton that reinforce the seams joining the sections on the inside of the cap are olive drab, not white, and I suppose most collectors suspected it was a repro. But it isn't. Has the linen size tag, and the stitching is way too good for a repro. That site that sells WW2 Air stuff, A-2s and the like, sell the best repros and this one looks like them without the Army Air Forces ink stamp insignia, which some did not have.

dean

Strider

One of the Regulars
Did somebody say Lex Luthor? I guess that means I have to get ready for work again!

100_0652.jpg

Jack Scorpion

One Too Many
Surprised I missed this post. Well, here is my favorite picture of myself ever. In an orphanage, in a poor suburb across the Kola Inlet from Murmansk, Russia:

IMGP1084.jpg

I found LA while away. Sadly, I don't have many chances to wear that hat herebouts.

Strider

One of the Regulars
Thanks. ;) The hat is the same hat I am selling on ebay right now. Check the classifieds. :)

CharlieH.

One Too Many
Great pics, Doghouse! I must say... you bear a most uncanny resemblance to an old friend from high school.

And for gratuitousness sake:

6606crop.jpg

(Stuck at a student gathering)

photographer1.jpg

(It ain't no speed graphic, but it does the job)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran