Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What DO you want for Christmas?

C-dot

Call Me a Cab
I want a replica of the star sapphire ring William Powell gave to Jean Harlow.

29bva8kh33xsavk2.jpg

I dropped a bunch of not-so-subtle hints to the boyfriend. Maybe for once he'll listen lol

rue

I forgot to add what I want....

In a fantasy world:
A full wardrobe of vintage 40s clothing or exact copies made for me, so I don't have to wear off the rack repros that everyone else already has.

In reality:
A new countertop for my kitchen so I don't have to look at that horrible chipped 80s formica anymore.

Last edited:
Realistically, I wouldn't mind one of these:

Russian Vostok Amphibia Black Sea
vostok-blacksea.jpg

Mechanical reissue of the original 1933 Mickey Mouse watch! I saw it when I was at Disneyland last week.
1933Mickey.jpg

brspiritus

One of the Regulars
Bruce Wayne, Yeps and brspiritus...... I hope you all get that job :)

By the way brspiritus, nice to see you around again!

Thanks Rue, my life got sidetracked for quite awhile now but I was inspired the other day to come back here when I scored 4 vintage ties at Goodwill for $1.99 each. I also have some free time now that my wife finally is here in the USA.

Retro_GI_Jane

One of the Regulars
I think Rue has the same idea I do. I would love to have a full vintage or vintage repro wardrobe so I don't have to worry about my wallet or settle for someting vintage-inspired. *le sigh*

My kitchen does need some serious updating too as in new cabinets, paint and tile...for now that'll have to stay in the fantasy realm of things too. ;)

I could settle for a new pair of shoes though.

sheeplady

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
I want a new bathrobe (mine is nearly 20 years old and it is at the end of it's life), a pair of duck shoes (a type of rubber boot), and a suit from Pendleton.

I also requested several seam rippers in my stocking since mine keep disappearing. :)

DeaconKC

One Too Many
I found some very nice grips for a S&W revolver, and my folks decided they wanted to get them for me, so I'm good. Just hope to hear "Merry Christmas" more often and less "Happy Holidays" [yes I'm cantankerous].

Miss sofia

One Too Many
Books - those nice orange penguin classics would be nice, hint hint...
Serge Lutens perfume
A pair of french Sole ballet pumps
A selection of 1940's hats
A selection of 1950's hats
A couple of forties day dresses...
The lovely georgian seed pearl and enamel ring i have been admiring in the jewellers window for aeons.

I'll settle for a coupla John Waters movies on dvd and a large Toblerone...i'm not greedy!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner