Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What DO you want for Christmas?

Edward

Bartender
I found out I'm not getting it, so it may as well have been the right. :( Maybe I'll buy it for myself.

Life has its compensations though: He found Bettie Page Clothing all on his own, so whatever I get from there will be a major score!

Well, that is something. Must be nice to have someone around to buy ladythings for.

Dubya

One of the Regulars
And don't give me that "peace on earth", "just the love of my family" stuff..... that's a given. Be greedy for a minute and ask for something you really want ;)

That's what I like about you Rue, cut to the chase ;)

Well, I would like a pair of Forzieri shoes just like Nucky Thompson....................size 9 1/2 UK :D

randooch

I'll Lock Up
I'd like a PM from rlk with an offer to purchase his tan, size 7 1/2 Mallory.

Oh, and some plane tickets to anywhere tropical and non-violent.

Oh, and the spine of a 20-year-old.

Oh, and . . .

sheeplady

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Ok, I've got something vintage I want if I can have anything: a maid and a cook.

But really, I'd settle for a finished kitchen. I'm going nuts without a sink. So I'll amend my dream list: maid, cook, finished kitchen.

Gregg Axley

I'll Lock Up
You know...this might sound odd...but I can't think of one thing. During the year I usually just go out and purchase what I need...or realistically have a desire for. I also feel most of those things to be out of my family's budget...or I don't want them spending much on me. Now..the reverse is true for me. I want to get them what they truely would be excited for. I like to see their eyes light up with surprise and delight. Not just the kiddies...but also my kiddies who have so suddenly grown up. My father was that way as well. It meant more to him to see the joy in others at Christmas time.
Merry Christmas..!!
HD
Great post. The wife and I don't have kids, but our dogs are so easy to amuse.
I do the same for myself, if I see something I NEED, I get it. As for wants, (I know this sounds funny and almost advertising myself but....) I take the money I'd spend on things I don't need, and use it each month to give to a certain charity to help families with food. To be honest there are things I'd like but I feel I don't need, because my needs are met IMHO. If I had to choose something, I'd say some more pots and pans. I've started cooking more since I found a few sites with recipes the wife and I enjoy. One day I'd like to finish the interior on my streetrod. One day. :D I am getting my wife a new pressure cooker, does that count? Okay I'm the one using it...

Swing Motorman

One of the Regulars
My big dream: a vintage electric bus and a kit to make it run for hours on batteries.
Johnstown-741.jpg

Realistic dream? Oh, not much. I seem to get more joy out of giving than receiving lately. So, finding great gifts for my friends and family would be the perfect gift for me!

-Steven

dhermann1

I'll Lock Up
Well, my birthday is Christmas Eve, and since my GF lives very close to it, I asked her of we could go to FDR's home at Hyde park NY again. We went last spring and I loved it. They fix it up pretty nice for the holidays. :)

My big dream: a vintage electric bus and a kit to make it run for hours on batteries.
Johnstown-741.jpg

Realistic dream? Oh, not much. I seem to get more joy out of giving than receiving lately. So, finding great gifts for my friends and family would be the perfect gift for me!

-Steven

Until you're able to realize your dream one of these days, perhaps you might want something like this (albeit in a more vintage model). :)

[video=youtube;AotKsAGQg24]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AotKsAGQg24&feature=related[/video]

[video=youtube;KbYepye5rEQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KbYepye5rEQ&feature=related[/video]

Edward

Bartender
Which US President was it...... I remember hearing the story about a president who was once asked, for a newspaper or magazine feature, what he would like to receive for Christmas. Not wanting to seem overly given to hyperbole or greed, he said "a new pipe and some slippers". When the feature hit the newsstands, it was full of all sorts of influential leaders in politics, business, religion and other fields asking for world peace, and end to poverty, war, famine, disease...... and the President of the USA asking for a new pipe and some slippers. I love that story - sometimes you really want these things to be true. No idea if it's an urban myth....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner