Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What hat are you waiting for today?

Michael R.

Call Me a Cab
Thank you dearly for the compliments. One word just really sums it all up, "love". There are things we have to deal with that are horrible for us to have to face daily, yet we just melt together like two candy bars left out in the Sun. Love.

That's So Sweet and So True ! Congratulations to you both !

LuvMyMan

I’ll Lock Up.
That's So Sweet and So True ! Congratulations to you both !
Thank you. We have loved being here on the lounge as there are so many wonderful and good people here. What more can anyone desire then to share a small bit of their heart and smile with other like minded people? Sure we all love hats, or other vintage attire, but it is what spirit we all have that makes the Fedora Lounge, be the Fedora Lounge.

Chamuco

I'll Lock Up
Cindy , Chamuco is a Movie Star , an Action Hero ! Who else could be hit by a car (and survive) , play soccer , then party like its 1999 all in the same day ?! And still look good doing it ! I want an autograph ! ... that's a sweet compliment ! I bet he blushed ... . Man ! Your Husband hit the jack pot picking a wife ! What a Catch ! I know he's thankful and grateful .
LOL !!! Its a genetic thing, in my family everybody loves to Party and do crazy things, so either you die old or in a crazy sports accident, and by old I mean old my Granpa is 98 and still drinks tequila, eats everything and loves Mariachi and watching soccer and bullfigths, always dressed sharp, so, yes I love life and living it !!! That may be the clue !! Ooohhhh and exercising every day....

On Cindy you are right on the money !!!

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

Chamuco

I'll Lock Up
Thank you dearly for the compliments. One word just really sums it all up, "love". There are things we have to deal with that are horrible for us to have to face daily, yet we just melt together like two candy bars left out in the Sun. Love.
Nice, kind and true words...

Chamuco

I'll Lock Up
Well, Michael Gannon just send me the following pics of my bone hat.

Make your own opinion on this piece.

447a0945993716ed1525c40a67f3ae1d.jpg
8ea47742eab032974a3da30e0013bba3.jpg
fee45d9825ac80aec1f675a69248c240.jpg

LuvMyMan

I’ll Lock Up.
LOL !!! Its a genetic thing, in my family everybody loves to Party and do crazy things, so either you die old or in a crazy sports accident, and by old I mean old my Granpa is 98 and still drinks tequila, eats everything and loves Mariachi and watching soccer and bullfigths, always dressed sharp, so, yes I love life and living it !!! That may be the clue !! Ooohhhh and exercising every day....

On Cindy you are right on the money !!!

Thank you.

Epemethius

New in Town
Waiting on this bowler from Knapp & Felt. Supposedly it is pre-1900 although they made hard bowlers later than that. Not going to restore it except what might be needed to hold it together. I hope to keep it as a working man's hat. They were popular with engineers on the railroads. It is 7 1/8, a bit small for me. Old advertisements show they were worn both high and low on the head. I am new and still experimenting with styles. it is fun.

upload_2016-5-9_10-8-21.png

LuvMyMan

I’ll Lock Up.
Waiting for this buffalo felt Stetson to come back from being cleaned and reblocked at The Brass Rooster in Milwaukee. Never liked the original shape, too western for my taste. Also had them bind the brim and add a new ribbon.
65ab69658666d58f7d8c49f5f1b8b5bc.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
That is a good look for a hat like that one!

LuvMyMan

I’ll Lock Up.
Well I have had to "shift gears" on two hats I have wanted for my Husband. Had some hopes for a white hat I had to be reblocked and some changes to the crown height and ribbon work, but that hat is now someplace in the twilight zone, and not going to be seen again....it may land on someone in the future, and hope for the best of whom ever that may be. So now, I have turned my hat investment funds into a hat from our sweetie pie Esther. And a "Tank" from Peters Brothers. Those two hats will round out a fine collection of hats for Daniel. In a few months, I will have one made for me by Esther, a copy of the one made for my Husband, I will have that hat to wear to remember him by and to remember the kindness extended to us from Esther.

tropicalbob

My Mail is Forwarded Here
The difference between Fedex and, say, UPS: on Saturday I received an email that my Peters Bros. hemp had "Arrived at facility" in Ft. Worth. At 7:59pm this evening it again "Arrived at facilty" in (drum roll) Ft Worth! I guess it must've made it across town in (charitably) only two days. Anyone remember the opening of "Death Valley Days?" Fedex -- when it kind of, sort of, has to get there eventually.

LuvMyMan

I’ll Lock Up.
The difference between Fedex and, say, UPS: on Saturday I received an email that my Peters Bros. hemp had "Arrived at facility" in Ft. Worth. At 7:59pm this evening it again "Arrived at facilty" in (drum roll) Ft Worth! I guess it must've made it across town in (charitably) only two days. Anyone remember the opening of "Death Valley Days?" Fedex -- when it kind of, sort of, has to get there eventually.
They only have two mules hooked up pulling the wagon....hahahaha OH my!

Michael R.

Call Me a Cab

I know quite a bit about FEDEX Ground , before was US Express , and before that Arkansas Freight . Not too up to par . FEDEX is based out of Memphis , before acquiring FEDEX Ground AKA US Express , AKA Arkansas Freight ; they were Top Notch ... , but their ground service is less than dependable (and expensive), if offered a choice , I'd use UPS . Some of the delivery guys are okay , but I had a special discussion with one or two with chronic problems : delivering to the wrong address , and being less than respectful , actually mean and could care less .

To be clear Arkansas Freight was bought by US Express , and then US Express bought by FEDEX to acquire Ground Freight Delivery Service . Same people as before they were bought out .

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner