Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Just got home and put the auto in the garage and am wandering the yard with the dogs. The dogs are excited and burning energy and I am energy deprived. Wearing wool this cool evening. A Filson, Pendelton and Cordova Cap are my friends.

i-zNJgRQ2-M.jpg

Thanks to all the posters. You folks are looking sharp. Wear the hats/caps in pride.

Eric -

Last edited:

moontheloon

I'll Lock Up
At the Crocker Art Museum in Sacramento today.

Following Fruno's lead in a Stetson Playboy.
IMG_4543%201_zpsx5dk5ukb.jpg

awesome !!!...

I've handled quite a few Playboys from the 40s and 50s in my search for the right one... and I've found many inconsistencies/differences in crown height .... more so than any of my other Stetsons ... Strats, ORs, Whippets and whatnot ....

there are certain runs who have that big boxy crown ... unfortunately all of the ones with that crown that I have come across have been far too small for me.

that right there is one of those Playboy crowns that I covet

I'm envious

moontheloon

I'll Lock Up
Thanks, Anthony. This one has that big, boxy crown, a '40s issue. They do vary though, don't they? I sometimes refer to this one as my most perfect hat.

they definitely do vary ... and a lot ...

I've been let down more than a few times after opening a box that I was very excited to receive

then taken chances on a few that I knew had the crown only to have it squeeze the blood out of my head

.... and I agree... that right there is THE perfect hat ...to me ... perfection

tommyK

One Too Many
So many great hats today! I'm with You, Moon and G. Playboys of the type and years (40's to perhaps early 50's) are Perfection.

4f6fa12c-b048-4f5c-a02a-3bc1c65acd29_zpszo5nw1sn.jpg

a206626e-fd4e-4ec6-91e5-0ec77c07d9cb_zps1y2ygf01.jpg

Royal Stetson 40's -ish I think (missed the boat on the Playboy today, maybe tomorrow). Stars logos, oil silk tip liner. This may be my favorite Stetson color which is called "Seal" I believe (at least that's what it says inside the sweatband).

Last edited:

Daniele Tanto

I'll Lock Up
Early in the morning in a dense fog I went to visit my father in the mountains.
Visibility was poor up on the hills where the sun began to shine in a endless autumn
jihv1y.jpg

My Sunday is a homburg hat made from Beaver Brand
34srpjl.jpg

The mountains were misty, completely without snow
357es0o.jpg

The descent to the valley was in the sun until almost home.
dlhsnl.jpg

Thanks for yesterday Borsalino likes.
Felice Domenica a tutti!

40Cal

One Too Many
Nice hats this morning!
Esther...... That red hat is quite nice on you.
Eric.... That 40's Stetson looks great with brim up!
g.durand....... beautiful Playboy! Is it lined?

Playboy Sunday. I must concur with my fellow Playboy owners.... they are all a little different.
This one I wear more often than the others.

hats12715 002.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy