Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What is it you want more than anything...?

fatwoul

Practically Family
Trixie said:
I want to move to England.

It's overrated. Go to New Zealand instead. That's like Britain if it was exaggerated, had less people and more green.

Oh, and I want the searing pain in my left shoulder and neck to be a little less searing.

missmelly

One of the Regulars
A best friend (other than my husband) and to be able to sing really well. And a heaping pile of nachos that won't make me larger but perhaps smarter or wittier.:rolleyes:

carter

I'll Lock Up
LizzieMaine said:
A pastrami and swiss with brown mustard on a toasted roll. And a dill pickle on the side.

Lizzie, My daughter and I had pastrami and swiss on jewish rye with mustard (not dark) last evening. We must have been receiving on your wavelength.
:D

Badluck Brody

Practically Family
Count me in!!!

...for the plague of zombies that is....:eek: GI issue E-tool, don't fail me now!! Unless of coarse we plan to go vintage... in which case a coal shovel or a ballbat would have to do [huh]

missmelly

One of the Regulars
fatwoul said:
Forget ammo. Read the Zombie Survival Guide and World War Z. You need weapons that don't rely on ammunition. I have an axe, a crowbar and a pick-axe handle next to my bed. Seriously. :D
:eek:fftopic:
My hubby and I have read the survival guide and have 2 swords (no ammo needed) to kill any on-rushing zombies. We also will ride bikes (no gas needed) and will wear spandex (no extra fabric) and cut our hair so the zombies have nothing to grab onto as we pedal our way from place to place.
I guess I really DON'T want their to be a zombie outbreak....that's my greatest wish.;)
.:Miss Melly:.

Badluck Brody

Practically Family
Awww C-mon!

Just a small one???

We'll even host it over in Milwaukee!!!

You hear that Matty Bottles???? Sounds like a flash back eh??

Oh yeah! :eek:fftopic:

deanglen

My Mail is Forwarded Here
fatwoul said:
Thank you, that was much appreciated. Right now, I most of all want killertomata to go get some sleep.

Oh, and for zombies to swarm across the planet. I think I'd prefer a zombie-crisis-world to the normal one.

Stay awake long enough and you can take point for the zombie vanguard.

dean

Edward

Bartender
fatwoul said:
Forget ammo. Read the Zombie Survival Guide and World War Z. You need weapons that don't rely on ammunition. I have an axe, a crowbar and a pick-axe handle next to my bed. Seriously. :D

"Bladed weapons don't require reloading," right? ;) Problem is they're such a limited range..... I'm figuring a crossbow would be a good option - keeps you out of the way of the zombies (slow moving they may be, but they move in packs and I don't like those odds hand to hand...), and it would'nt be too difficult to manufacture our own ammunition in a worst case scenario.

pretty faythe

One Too Many
RedHotRidinHood said:
I want my tonsilitis to go away. And I want for things in my life to settle down and just be...peaceful. This has been a really awful year for us. I just need some quiet and maybe even a little boredom.
I have a cure for that....it took me about 20years to figure it out....yup...get 'em removed! lol. No but seriously. All through high school and beyond, I would gt tonsilitis 2-3 times a year and they would not take the darn things out! And I would get it bad! Finially, finially, finially I say!!!! When I was about 20 or so, can't remember exactly when now, I just remember my oldest was a little one, I finially found a doctor who said my tonsils needed to come out! I was a happy girl! My sister broke her nose at work about the same time, so when my tonsilitis went away, we had our surgeries done the same day by the same eye/ear/throat guy! Been doing things together ever since. :p

Trixie

One of the Regulars
Jovan said:
You can come with me to Canada, when I'm done with school, instead. It's just like it, with the population speaking a different accent. :p

Alright. But then it's off to England. :p
And I hope you're a soccer fan! lol

CharlesB

Suspended
Edward said:
"Bladed weapons don't require reloading," right? ;) Problem is they're such a limited range..... I'm figuring a crossbow would be a good option - keeps you out of the way of the zombies (slow moving they may be, but they move in packs and I don't like those odds hand to hand...), and it would'nt be too difficult to manufacture our own ammunition in a worst case scenario.
WWZ is the best book i've read this year

RedHotRidinHood

Practically Family
pretty faythe said:
I have a cure for that....it took me about 2 years to figure it out....yup...get 'em removed! lol. No but seriously. All through high school and beyond, I would gt tonsilitis 2-3 times a year and they would not take the darn things out! And I would get it bad! Finially, finially, finially I say!!!! When I was about 20 or so, can't remember exactly when now, I just remember my oldest was a little one, I finially found a doctor who said my tonsils needed to come out! I was a happy girl! My sister broke her nose at work about the same time, so when my tonsilitis went away, we had our surgeries done the same day by the same eye/ear/throat guy! Been doing things together ever since. :p

Thank you for the advice, Faythe...I have long thought about it. But being the chicken**** that I am...I don't know. My doctor suggested it if I get it again within the next year. :)

"Doc" Devereux

One Too Many
Edward said:
The down side of a crossbow can be reload time. A normal bow will give you about three shots for every one from a crossbow.

That doesn't stop crossbows from being very cool, though - if you can find a club at which to practice.

Badluck Brody said:
...for the plague of zombies that is....:eek: GI issue E-tool, don't fail me now!! Unless of coarse we plan to go vintage... in which case a coal shovel or a ballbat would have to do [huh]
Cold Steel make a Spetznatz E-tool reproduction and they suggest sharpening 3 of the 4 edges for a fearsome hacking tool that can be thrown like an axe!

I have a Paul Chen Practical Katana for the zombies, when the ammo runs out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPR