Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What is it you want more than anything...?

Jovan

Suspended
Post what you really want at the moment. Anything. I figure this could be an interesting thread for releasing one's thoughts.

And... go.

I want someone to go for a walk with and get a chocolate shake. :)

Emmababy

One of the Regulars
I need a job, but I want an endless supply of money. It would relieve stress and then I could realise what I really want to do in life.

also, I'd like to look nicer than I do now

Edward

Bartender
Emmababy said:
I need a job, but I want an endless supply of money. It would relieve stress and then I could realise what I really want to do in life.

Oh, yes, wouldn't that be nice!

also, I'd like to look nicer than I do now

Uhm...... bearing in mind Emmababy's tender years, would one of the younger gentlemen of the lounge care to point out the obvious less I look a tad too, ah... Peter Stringfellow ... in the process of doing so? ;)

For myself.... there's a lot of things I'd change (like Audrey, we all have our own green place we'd rather be, right?), but for right now.... one thing I've been feeling the absence of is the opportunity to take a lady out for dinner. Been a long time since that was a privilege I had.

wedding belle

Familiar Face
Edward said:
Oh, yes, wouldn't that be nice!

but for right now.... one thing I've been feeling the absence of is the opportunity to take a lady out for dinner. Been a long time since that was a privilege I had.

Now Edward I feel my matchmaking fingers doing the walking! I happen to know a very lovely erudite lady who, if strated with coffee could well progress to dinner!

Edward

Bartender
wedding belle said:
Now Edward I feel my matchmaking fingers doing the walking! I happen to know a very lovely erudite lady who, if strated with coffee could well progress to dinner!

Eep! I fear I'm rather an acquired taste, though. Usually coffee is more than enough for most ladies! :eek:

wedding belle said:
Dear me Emmababy, are you tryingto cause a 10 car pile up? You are absolutley gorgeous woman!

Well, quite.

Camille

Familiar Face
I wanna get a hold of The House of Elliot on DVD, but it seems impossible!

Also, I want breakfast.

wedding belle

Familiar Face
Well

I just bagged the man of my dreams so next on the list is the move to France - a long term goal but a goal just the same:)

addition: just read the begining of the thread - what I really, really want right now is for my clients to behave! But I'll settle for Dinner and a decent bottle of Red tonight - one only gets disappointed if one sets one's goals too high!

Edward

Bartender
wedding belle said:
LOL - ah well only an idea!

lol I'm not exactly opposed to the concept of being introduced to new people - just rather more experience than I'd like of being told I have "loads in common" with friend of friends, which it turns out amounts to being heterosexual and single. I'm also rather cynical and jaded about the whole dating game, which might have something to do with that... lol

wedding belle

Familiar Face
Edward said:
lol I'm not exactly opposed to the concept of being introduced to new people - just rather more experience than I'd like of being told I have "loads in common" with friend of friends, which it turns out amounts to being heterosexual and single. I'm also rather cynical and jaded about the whole dating game, which might have something to do with that... lol

Oh tell me about it! I have a male friend who does the whole dating thing and hearing him talk about it makes me tired! The comment was meant quite tounge in cheek. The woman in question has also tried the dating thing a little (though more as a means of meeting people to out for a drink with / have a chat kind of affair). However, her last update to me suggested that her forthright attitude wasn't what gentlemen had necessarliy been expecting (she upset one interested party prior to ever meeting them by being clearly unimpressed with their car - explaining that she was pleased that it was at least small!). She has since given the whole thing up to hang out with a mad bunch who are all great fans of a drummer!

Personally, I tried the dating thing a few years back and it was a complete shambles - I ran away and married someone I'd been at 6th form with many years before!

Edward

Bartender
wedding belle said:
Oh tell me about it! I have a male friend who does the whole dating thing and hearing him talk about it makes me tired! The comment was meant quite tounge in cheek.

Oh, i got that. ;)

The woman in question has also tried the dating thing a little (though more as a means of meeting people to out for a drink with / have a chat kind of affair). However, her last update to me suggested that her forthright attitude wasn't what gentlemen had necessarliy been expecting (she upset one interested party prior to ever meeting them by being clearly unimpressed with their car - explaining that she was pleased that it was at least small!).

Something of the militant environmentalist, then? (Not that that's a bad thing, of course!)

She has since given the whole thing up to hang out with a mad bunch who are all great fans of a drummer!

Woh-oh.... I've known drummers.....

Personally, I tried the dating thing a few years back and it was a complete shambles - I ran away and married someone I'd been at 6th form with many years before!

lol

wedding belle

Familiar Face
Edward said:
Oh, i got that. ;)

Woh-oh.... I've known drummers.....

lol

Oh so have I (see comment re: running away from dating :) ) the thought makes me weary..... Thankfully this is merely worship from afar - and no, I don't understand either, but it keeps her out of trouble :)

Environmentally minded - yes militant no, but I think the idea of someone trying to impress her with his engine size brought out the mischief :). And why not - one really doesn't expect it from the over 35s!

Warden

One Too Many
Can I say a date with Alizée Jacotey?

Better not, Mrs D might be surfing, Darn it, the delete key is stuck, HELP :eek: .

Harry

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPR