Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What is the Rule of Thumb for button placement on two and three button sport jackets

Tommy

One of the Regulars
What is the Rule of Thumb for button placement, height-wise, on two and three button sport jackets, in relation to one's body/frame? What is considered proper button positioning in relation to one's belly button for two and three button models? I hope that doesn't sound stupid, but some jackets seem to have too-high placed arrangements, and others too-low. I don't care as much for the low placed two button jackets, they appear ill-fitting. Yet I happen to be tall and long waisted, so some of the higher placements IMO look strange on me.

Some of the old esky illustrations show a rather high button placement for the top two buttons on a three button jacket, and the center button looks to be slightly above the belly button area.

I used the search function here and at Ask Andy, and couldn't locate relevant info. Thoughts are appreciated!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zibounou