Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Absinthe_1900

One Too Many
Anyone ever given these guys a call?
http://www.sprucegoose.org/aircraft_artifacts/artifacts.html

Katherine Huit
Director of Collections
(503) 434-4123

If they still have the jacket and hat, they should be able to tell who made them.
hatandjacketcleanedup.jpg

DanielJones

I'll Lock Up
It is a reproduction of course. But it looks more like a Stetson Stratoliner than an Open Road to me, or at least a variant thereof. I guess you could go either way with that. Also it could be a reproduction of a Borsalino Alisandro. It has a similar ribbon treatment.

Cheers!

Dan

Art Fawcett

Sponsoring Affiliate
Welcome to the Lounge Doggieboy
The gents are correct. The original hat that Jeff B wore in the film is a Penny's Marathon that measures 5 1/2" crown, 2 3/4" brim. What you are looking at is strictly Baron's interpretation of this hat, not a clone of it. Yes, I do own the very hat that was worn. With the success that Stetson had with it's "Open Road" most companies produced their own versions to try to capture some market share and this one is Penny's ( made by Lee I believe)

doggieboy

New in Town
BK:

Yes...that's the look....one great looking hat. Jeff Bridges or Art need to check their closets.

Top it off with a quote from Winston Churchill...greatest man of the 20th century. The Lounge is a great place to surf. Thanks guys for sharing your time.

E

FedoraFan112390

Practically Family
What kind of hat is this?

What is the formal name for this type of hat? It's commonly associated with Robin Hood but I haven't been able to find a real name for it so I figured I'd ask the experts.
robin_hood.gif

kgrahamham.jpg

fozzy28

New in Town
Hello I was wondering if someone could help me out here. I was wondering if any one could tell me any of the specifics like maybe what type of hat this is exactly, brim size, etc. or a possible manufacture. Thanks for your time.
b3qt74.jpg

cptjeff

Practically Family
It's a fedora, missing it's ribbon, and that's all I can really tell you. Things like brim width and crown height you can measure yourself, and details like manufacturer might be found inside the hat.

A picture of the sweatband and liner would help a lot, if it even has them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yamamoto