Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What is your PSA level?

Twitch

My Mail is Forwarded Here
3 years ago I was diagnosed with prostate cancer. It was detected with a simple blood test. As I learned more about it I found that the cause is unclear. It's not as simple as smoking and lung cancer for example. If men live long enough almost all get some level of prostate cancer, maybe not until they 85, but the odds are against us.

Like high blood pressure it is silent and offers no symptoms until the later stages when it is usually too late to eradicate. I opted for a new proceedure called HIFU which uses the heat from High Intensity Focused Ultrasound to kill the cancer cells.

Recently the cancer was back. I had beaten the 97% odds of it not returning! I should play the lottery I guess. I repeated the HIFU last week and will go on from there.

Anyhow the next time you guys over 40 go to the doctor- which should be yearly- ask him to have the lab run the PSA test. It is Prostate Specific Antigen which is measurable in the blood and depending on the level can tell a lot.

There are several proceedures around for treatment. Check out www.ushifu.com and www.internationalhifu.com for what I did. Just get the damned blood test.

Hemingway Jones

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
All the best, Twitch,
It is a noble thing that when the chips were down against you, you directed your attention toward saving everyone else.
I admire and respect your courage and grace.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy