Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Jacket Are You Wearing Today?

Hh121

Banned
It's been a while......
4EF9988B-7A05-4432-84E6-B249B4591E7E.jpeg

Gamma68

One Too Many
Took this one out today, 1968 Martin Lane G-1 I recently had a knit replacement job on. The mouton fur is really dry. Think some beard oil might plump it up a little? I figure, if it's good for living facial hair what harm can it do to dead hair...
View attachment 263561

Hey, looks just like mine! (I have a 1968 Martin Lane G-1, too. Post on the previous page in this thread.)

I'm trying to remember how I spruced up the mouton collar on mine. I think I mixed a little Woolite with cold water in a spray bottle, then worked in a light spritz of the mixture into the collar with my fingers. Then rinsed a little with plain water. For the final step, I used a small plastic comb to fluff up the mouton and let it air dry.

There are a few holes in the knits on mine and I was thinking of getting the knits replaced. Can you tell me where I can get authentic knits and who did the job for you? I want it done right. Thanks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leatherpatch