Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What leather jacket would you bring to a tropical island?

Easy for me. This one and no other.

IMG-20180630-174506.jpg

Lebowski

This guy has numerous complaints from sellers.
On some nights in December and January it gets below 70 degrees on Kauai. Brrrrr.
70 degrees? 70 degrees?? Just a single thought of wearing any leather jacket in such warm temperatures makes me sweat.
You need just t-shirt, shorts and flip-flops in such warm weather conditions. That's all.
Even when it's raining - there's no need of any leather jacket over there, cause it's too warm for leather stuff.
P.S. Hawaii is a dream. Congrats!

Last edited:

tropicalbob

My Mail is Forwarded Here
The problem is that your body adjusts to the environment, and after a few months in a tropical place 70 degrees feels cool. Last week we hit the lower 50's down here for one day and I had the LHB and a sweater on and still felt the cold. Just this morning it went down to about 65, but there was a wind so it felt chilly. Terry's idea about the capeskin's right on the money. I've got two of them now (one beautiful one from Terry himself) and an old '40's Field and Stream I picked up on Ebay, and with a light sweater they work nicely in this weather. Anyway, aloha! N.B. Get your order in with Art Fawcett for a Landman Milan with a 2 7/8 brim. Survival gear!

GHT

I'll Lock Up
What bathing suit do you recommend for Antarctica?
That was my first thought too. One jacket did spring to mind, but even that is hardly tropical. Years ago a friend had a Star Wars leather jacket, I was so curious that he let me try it on. Made of nappa leather with cotton lining, it was amazingly light. This picture of it being worn by Harrison Ford is the one that he had, although I don't remember the cartridge holders.
hfj.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CCRider