Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Price Glory

LordJohnRoxton

One of the Regulars
bburtner@moran said:
British Bush Jacket, just bought one of the majors British belted bush jackets from WPG.Real nice look ,scalloped pockets looks great.48.00US,nice jacket for the money.

Good to know... I've been thinking about picking one up. Does anyone have the tropical trousers?

KilroyCD

One Too Many
I have the belted bush jacket and his khaki drill trousers. I have an issue with the breast pocket placement (too high) and the cuffs (too small). But as it's mainly worn with the sleeves rolled up, the cuffs really aren't much of a concern. Here's a pic of me in the khakis:
100_0796.jpg

Dragon Soldier

One of the Regulars
Jerry must rate as just about my favourite dealer.

In the past, I've ordered from him (in CA) and from firms in the UK at the same time only for the package from the US to arrive first!

And to me, the mark of a really quality business is how they handle things when you do have a problem.

I recieved a consignment from Jerry which was missing a couple of (large!) items. One e-mail was all it took, the problem was sorted immediately and profuse apologies offered. I like that.

And his product is, IMHO, museum quality.

renor27

One of the Regulars
great gear well made

I have a few items from WPG and must say I really like what i have bought.
In fact will be getting a few pairs of shorts for the summer. I got a pair of the 1941 cav boots very well made just do not wear them enough might have to sell them down the line.
David

Creeping Past

One Too Many
I've had a shirt and a hat from him, both great quality and delivered quickly. He's quick at answering questions, too, which says a lot.

BellyTank said:
SoF, in Corwen, N. Wales sell some of the same gear as Jerry does?
A lot of the British (and US) gear.

I've heard that SoF is good. Very swift at answering my recent questions. I'm just about to order a 4-pocket aertex jacket and an aertex shirt from them.

Do they do the same bush jacket as WPG? If so, I may order from SoF to save time (customs delays, etc.).

:eek:fftopic: Have you used The History Bunker? I'm going to order one of their DAK shirts, as soon as I can get time. It looks okay, and they'll add some length to their rather short standard length shirt tails at no extra cost...

BellyTank

I'll Lock Up
Not just that-

The depth/height, shape and the closing are usually wrong.

I have a few WW2 German shirt repros, which have excellent collars and detailing when compared to originals.

They came from this German vendor but he doesn't seem to have exactly the same stocks as a couple of years ago.

http://www.lomax-militaria.de

Like a lot of vendors today (a bandwagon many have jumped), denying Chinese origin of the goods is very common. I have purchased Chinese uniform items before and seen the exact same item (yes, I really can tell)for sale from Western vendors(of course, much of the Chinese business is wholesale).

The details on some of the (un-researched) Chinese repros (non-Chinese too)can be quite "generic" and based upon modern garments, with the addition of specific details... but... no. The fit and overall æsthetic can be miles off. Collars and pocket flap size, shape and button placement are often totally wrong and don't capture the look at all.

This one is more like it: (from the vendor mentioned, above, a few years ago.)

DCP_7215.jpg

B
T

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran