Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What time period would you live in, and where, if you had to for one year?

What time period would you live in?

• Total voters
I found where I got the 13k number from, a very rare Caddy of the era.

A different Eldorado Brougham was sold for 1959 and 1960. These cars were not quite so extravagantly styled but were very unusual pieces in themselves. Priced at $13,075, they cost $1 more, each, than their older siblings. The company contracted out the assembly to Pininfarina of Italy, with whom the division has had a long-running relationship, and these Eldorados were essentially hand-built in Italy.

Tom, a '58 Eldorado Seville or Biarritz would have cost you $7,500...

renaissancemedici

One of the Regulars
What an interesting thread. I suppose if I had to choose it would be 1949-1950. No war anymore, and a new world being created. But not in Greece because we were having a civil war then. In france maybe. Or working with the allies in post war Germany. A sense of creativity, energy, endless future possibilities, optimism etc. All the things that aren't there now!

Have I mentioned the fahion? From utility fahion to Dior. The best of both worlds.

^^Pininfarina is a world-famous company, which has produced some beautiful cars. I would love to see some of those Caddies that they styled.
Here you go:
1957-1960-cadillac-eldorado-brougham-1.jpg

Gregg Axley

I'll Lock Up
The owner of Trusty Tom's Motorama or Emporium.

James, does that car come with it's own flagmen to warn others when turning?

fashion frank

One Too Many
Carousel of Progress.
I rode that ride twice, once in 1977 and once in 1988.
Wonderful presentation of progress, and I agree that some of the earlier scenes are more desirable than the later ones filled with all the technology and noise.
Of every ride in the park, that was one of my favorites. :D

Thanks for the proper name of that ride ,I just could not remember it.
I totally agree you that the earlier era's seemed more desirable.

All the Best ,Fashion Frank

Gregg Axley

I'll Lock Up
Tom's Motor Emporium.

I drive cars that big all the time. It is easy. The problem with our society today is that they think a Chevy Volt is a full sized car. :rofl:
Until you hit one with something bigger like a 70's model car, then they realize how small the volt really is.

The only gold I have is the plating on my wristwatch lol

No. King Midas and Crassus combined. :p

Man, now you sound like me. Almost every day, my Cadillac car is flanked by a Miata and an Aveo. I'm sure they wonder how I drive such a barge and I wonder how they drive street-legal go-karts.

I drive cars that big all the time. It is easy. The problem with our society today is that they think a Chevy Volt is a full sized car. :rofl:

The only gold I have is the plating on my wristwatch lol

Man, now you sound like me. Almost every day, my Cadillac car is flanked by a Miata and an Aveo. I'm sure they wonder how I drive such a barge and I wonder how they drive street-legal go-karts.
I know you have that gold buried in the backyard. :p You can't fool me. Those stupid deathmobiles. I wonder if the drivers know how close to buying it they really are. lol lol
rice2.gif

green papaya

One Too Many
I chose 1959 - 1969

because I prefer the conveniences of modern living San Francisco

I would also choose Turn of the Century 1901 - 1905 era to experience Old San Francisco before the big quake

I wish. I'd buy more Fleetwoods.

I could never drive one of those tiny things, even riding in one, I fear for my life.

I know you have that gold buried in the backyard. :p You can't fool me. Those stupid deathmobiles. I wonder if the drivers know how close to buying it they really are. lol lol
rice2.gif

You know, living in any period from right after WWII to right before the hippies came along would be bliss.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran