Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What time period would you live in, and where, if you had to for one year?

What time period would you live in?

• Total voters

Hemingway Jones

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Lately, I've been thinking a lot of what it was like to be very young in the 1970s and I wish that I could visit then again, even if only briefly.

I spent summers in Wildwood, NJ with my grandparents who are both long gone. I have these wonderful memories of the boardwalk as it was then and all of those kitsch post-deco motels built in the 1950s. They were wonderful days.

The only way that I will ever have a sense of that again is if I am lucky enough to have a family and to be able to bring them down there, now much further for me, and to see it as it is now through their eyes.

Lately, I've been thinking a lot of what it was like to be very young in the 1970s and I wish that I could visit then again, even if only briefly.

I spent summers in Wildwood, NJ with my grandparents who are both long gone. I have these wonderful memories of the boardwalk as it was then and all of those kitsch post-deco motels built in the 1950s. They were wonderful days.

The only way that I will ever have a sense of that again is if I am lucky enough to have a family and to be able to bring them down there, now much further for me, and to see it as it is now through their eyes.

You could be reminded of how wonderful those polyester 70s clothes were too. :p

Which set you wearing back? :p

Widebrim

I'll Lock Up

I'm not sure if you remember, but it was a time when long hair and beards for young men dominated, and among women mini-skirts and long hair parted down the middle was still the norm (not to mention hot pants). Civil rights was no longer the dominate theme, but affirmative action and "tokenism" were hot subjects of debate. And there were many of those post-deco buildings that you mentioned still extant in Los Angeles; hopefully those which you mentioned in Wildwood will still be around when you make the trek back...

I don't know about one year but just give me an hour in 1971 for me to raid Art's Toy Fair in Gardena and buy up all the Hot Wheels redlines in stock as well as the Gemco on Redondo Beach Boulevard for good measure. :D

602772_109870539202553_1059463875_n.jpg

Gregg Axley

I'll Lock Up
Better belt yourself into the chair James.
Here you go. I'm a 70's child, and I missed a lot of the fashion that I find amusing.
There are many vintage stores online and I'm about to get groovy with it in the near future, by purchasing some of the items I like, if I can find my size.

Such as these.
pants.jpg

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy