Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Mike1939

One of the Regulars
Mike1939 said:
Manpower (1941) Directed by Raoul Walsh, Starring Edward G. Robinson, George Raft, Marlene Dietrich, Alan Hale, Frank McHugh. A real working mans classic with the boys portraying a power line repair crew and Dietrich as the no good dame that gets between them. The George Raft fight scene in the clip joint is the same shown in the movie Bugsy from the 1990's. Anyway It's a good one, put me in the mood for They Drive by Night (1940).

This one will be on TCM Thursday at 3:15 AM

Mike in Seattle

My Mail is Forwarded Here
The Public Eye - Joe Pesci as a war-years free lance photographer in NYC trying to help the recently-widowed Barbara Hershey discover how the mob ended owning a piece of her husband's famed nightclub. The main character (but not the story of the movie) is based on a real photographer of the era - the first civilian to own a police band radio so he could be at the scene of a crime before the competition, and sometimes, the cops. He could develop film in the trunk of his car, giving him a jump on getting photos to newspapers before anyone else. His photographs ended up in Time & Life and various other media - the chronicler of a long-gone era in Manhattan history.

funneman

Practically Family
The Little Fugitive 1953

An amazing glimpse of life in NYC in the early '50s.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0046004/

Almost all of the extras in this film are just real people.

This film is so interesting on so many different levels.

I was exhausted after watching because I was looking at
everything in every frame. The cars, the clothes, the shoes,
the billboards, the prices.

I also found myself feeling very uncomfortable watching
strangers innocently touching the little boy and invading his
personal space.

How times have changed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy