Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

KY Gentleman

One Too Many
I just watched "Traitor" starring Don Cheadle. This is an excellent movie. It has similarities to "The Kingdom", "Blood Lies" and "The Departed" but it is still very good.

Mike1939

One of the Regulars
Mike in Seattle said:
The Public Eye - Joe Pesci as a war-years free lance photographer in NYC trying to help the recently-widowed Barbara Hershey discover how the mob ended owning a piece of her husband's famed nightclub. The main character (but not the story of the movie) is based on a real photographer of the era - the first civilian to own a police band radio so he could be at the scene of a crime before the competition, and sometimes, the cops. He could develop film in the trunk of his car, giving him a jump on getting photos to newspapers before anyone else. His photographs ended up in Time & Life and various other media - the chronicler of a long-gone era in Manhattan history.

This is a great movie that I haven't seen in a while. Thanks for reminding of it.

chanteuseCarey

Call Me a Cab
Kid's choice tonight: From 1938...

Just finished watching Fred and Ginger in "Carefree". Had two other 9th graders over for it also, friends of our daughter.

The back of the DVD box said the golf number by Fred took two weeks and 600 golf balls to get what is seen on the finished film.

Gee, Ralph Bellamy looked and acted like such a dope in his role.

Quigley Brown

Call Me a Cab
I just watched 'Billie' (1965) with a teenage Patti Duke in the title role. I found the DVD at the thrift store. It's a hoot to watch. It's basically about a girl who's the best member of the boy's track team. It's a good film to watch if you plan to have a fun 1960s-theme party.

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
Swoon - like Compulsion and Rope (both of which are great), it tells the story of Leopold and Loeb. This one, though, is more about being an artsy movie. It's so self-important that I almost turned it off.

Feraud

Bartender
1932's The Most Dangerous Game. With Joel McRae, Fay Wray, and Robert Armstrong.
A brisk film about a reclusive count who hunts human prey on his island.

dhermann1

I'll Lock Up
Good old TCM. I caught "I Am a Fugitive form a Chain Gang", 1932, with the great Paul Muni, "Fury", 1936, with dear old Spencer Tracy, and "The Late George Apley", 1947, with Ronald Coleman all this weekend. Good old B&W classics.

PADDY

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
A River Runs Through It...

Just love this film.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/854fE08Nvog&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/854fE08Nvog&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

dhermann1

I'll Lock Up
Lefty said:
Swoon - like Compulsion and Rope (both of which are great), it tells the story of Leopold and Loeb. This one, though, is more about being an artsy movie. It's so self-important that I almost turned it off.
My favorite annoying thing about that movie is when they make a call from a phone booth, and it has a touch tone phone. The story takes place in like 1933, and touch tones came in about 1970. Very artistic, guys.

Feraud

Bartender
This weekend I also watched Monsieur Verdoux with Charlie Chaplin.
The gentleman Verdoux marries and kills his wives for their fortunes.
Martha Ray is a hilarious foil to Chaplin’s charms.
This film is an excellent satire on the economic and politcal morals of society.

skyvue

Call Me a Cab
I watched three or four Dr. Gillespie movies this weekend, with Lionel Barrymore in the titular role, a part he first played opposite Lew Ayres in the Dr. Kildare movise. When Ayres declined to play Kildare anymore, they continued the series with Dr. Gillespie taking on other assistants, primary among them Van Johnson.

It's amazing how like Dr. Gregory House this character is. He's a world-class diagnostician working with a bunch of young doctors, and a major-league curmudgeon with a physical impairment related to his legs (Gillespie's in a wheelchair, House uses a cane).

There's truly nothing new under the sun.

KY Gentleman

One Too Many
"Forgetting Sarah Marshall" . I hesitate to recommend this movie but I have got to say I've thought about the humor and the ending for two days now. I liked it but its pretty silly.

maggiethespy

A-List Customer
Finally saw There Will Be Blood, and I must say I was not disappointed.

I did notice, however, that I find Daniel Day Lewis completely hilarious, especially when he isn't supposed to be.

I drink your milkshake! I DRINK IT UP!

Feraud

Bartender
KY Gentleman said:
"Forgetting Sarah Marshall" . I hesitate to recommend this movie but I have got to say I've thought about the humor and the ending for two days now. I liked it but its pretty silly.

This is a movie that looks terrible but is not. I enjoyed it.

Mike1939

One of the Regulars
He Ran All the Way (1951) with John Garfield, Shelly Winters, Wallace Ford, Selena Royale, Gladys George and Norman Lloyd.
I'm a big Garfield fan haven't seen a picture of his yet that I don't like. In this one (his last movie) he plays a two bit crook who bites of more than he can chew. An added bonus is seeing a slice of life in the early 50's. Great shots of regular people doing their thing. The community pool scene is swell. Winters is adorable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy