Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Zip Gun Aria

New in Town
I wanted to respond to you seriously, but a gruff voice in my head kept repeating, "Madam, your jungle is naked." Crumb to think of it, that could be the name of a stag film from 1914 -- you know, the shameless indecent sort that shows people's bare knees.

Watched Sergio Martino's All the Colors of the Dark the other night. The opening was relentlessly grotesque and experimental -- amazing, that you could make such a film in Italy in 1972 and have it released commercially in theaters worldwide. O for the elegance of earlier days.

A.R. McVintage said:
The Naked Jungle, a 1954 Charlton Heston film about a gruff cocoa plantation owner and his mail-order wife from New Orleans and their native employees who together fend off the "marabunta," a swarm of giant soldier ants 20 miles long and 2 miles wide in the heart of Peru.

Edit: Thanks tons for the Veronica Lake clip, Mr. 'H.', -- clearly, you're a stand-up gentleman. Here's hoping your last initial will become a real letter very soon and not just a questionable character enclosed in quotes. That way, it can avoid years of psychotherapy due to False Abbreviation Syndrome.

(Just Joshing, of course, since the quotes make the pseudonym vintage. Quite like the effect.)

Mr. 'H'

Call Me a Cab
John in Covina said:
I have seen this but it was some time ago, the costume in that scene is like a triple shot of espresso! It strongly hints at the concept of fetish wear.
I have always said that some men are like fish and they are attracted to shiny lures.

Just look at the get up! And this was pre- Betty Page! :eek:

51579a93.jpg

45e74b8d.jpg

834118a8.jpg

93685c26.jpg

Hubba hubba!

Wally_Hood

One Too Many
Out of the loop recently, so in order to catch up-

Kicked off the Christmas season by watching Elf with the Hood family. I laugh every time I see it.

Then at the request of middle teen Hood, Casablanca (!). Said teen fell asleep about the time Ugarte gets picked up by les gendarmes under the approving eye of Major Strasse. I receited so much of the dialogue along with the actors that pre-teen Hood asked me stop.

Then Seven Days Ashore, dvr'd off TCm. Alan Carney and Wally Brown. Wally got to play a sympathetic part in IAMMMMW. Lotsa songs, laughs, and other things to take your mind off global warfare.

Christy

One of the Regulars
I watched Dark Passage with Bogart and Bacall the other day. It thought it was a pretty good movie, I always like them in movies together. I'm watching Platinum Blonde right now.

Selvaggio

One of the Regulars
Recently watched All about Eve with Bette Davis and Anne Baxter. What a fantastic show! Great script and performances.

Dixon Cannon

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Just finished 'The Merry Gentleman', starring and directed by Michael Keaton. Man that was good. He is really talented - as an actor and now as a director. I highly recommend it - check out the reviews on IMDB.com.

-dixon cannon

Christy

One of the Regulars
KY Gentleman said:
I just saw "The Hangover", it was very funny! I'm watching "The Wrestler" again tonight on cable. It's good but depressing.

I watched The Hangover on Tuesday night. It's such a funny movie! This was the second time I had seen it.

Scott Wood

Practically Family
Last night watched "Dial Northside 777" with James Stewart giving a good performance as a somewhat gritty newspaper reporter. Worth the watch.
Today I am watching "In Her Shoes" and Toni Collette, Cameron Diaz and Shirley McLaine are really good in it.

Woody

Christy

One of the Regulars
I just finished watching 'The Man Who Came to Dinner' and I thought it was fantastic. It was very funny. Sheridan Whiteside was such an ornery character, but very entertaining.

Christy

One of the Regulars
It was a TCM night. Just got done watching 'The Bride Came C.O.D.' I loved this one too. I thought Bette Davis and James Cagney were great together.

Christy

One of the Regulars
Tomasso said:
Really? Who knew........[huh]

Well, I thought it was funny. It's pretty easy to make me laugh though. :) It was quite crass, and I usually don't like those types of movies, but for some reason I found this movie funny.

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
Christy said:
It was quite crass, and I usually don't like those types of movies, but
That was my take when it opened, but upon your recommendation I'll check it out. :)

Christy

One of the Regulars
Tomasso said:
That was my take when it opened, but upon your recommendation I'll check it out. :)

I'm feeling some pressure now! Lol I'd feel bad giving a recommendation and it turns out you didn't like the movie, or worse were offended by it. As I said before definitely not my typical choice in movies. Let us know what you think of it when you watch it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points