Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
The movie didn't have the tension that the trailer promised which was a bit of a let down.

I did enjoy the costumes though!
This is hilarious.... the only reason I considered the flick was for the clothes; the trailer made my skin crawl. It appears that Miss G (who I love) is the hard a$$ and I'm the wimp....:eek:

Miss Golightly

Call Me a Cab
This is hilarious.... the only reason I considered the flick was for the clothes; the trailer made my skin crawl. It appears that Miss G (who I love) is the hard a$$ and I'm the wimp....:eek:

Sometimes you've just gotta be one!

Now for a movie I watched and loved (and could watch time and time again) - The Ghost and Mrs Muir with the utterly gorgeous Gene Tierney. I just loved her portrayal of Mrs. Muir - so poised yet feisty - and I really loved the chemistry she had with Rex Harrison (who was perfect in this role).

Edward

Bartender
First of all - a colleague in work had spoilt the ending for me by revealing the twist (thanks!)

Heh, I remember going to see one film with a now long ago ex-girlfriend; as we left, she said "Oh, it was quite Sixth Sense, wasn't it?" So, of course, when I later finally saw Sixth Sense, I spent the whole thing trying to figure the twist, rather than being entertained.... :eusa_doh:

- however I wouldn't let that deter me from seeing a movie as there is so much more to a good film apart from the twist! I liked the look of the trailer and thought it looked like my kind of movie. From the outset I didn't like the over-zealous soundtrack - it made the soundtrack from Star Trek seem unobtrusive - for me it swamped scenes and robbed them of any tension.

Hmmn, I don't remember noticing that, but then I did watch it on a plane with tinny little headphones, so that wouldn't have been the same experience.

I thought the story telling could have been tighter and each scene could have blended more seamlessly into the next -the story telling seemed a bit clunky to me. Even if I didn't know the ending I think I would have guessed it (my husband did but I refused to tell him if he was on the right track). The movie didn't have the tension that the trailer promised which was a bit of a let down.

I did enjoy the costumes though!

I liked the slightly disjointed feel to it, especially at points where his fantasy and the real world started to clash jarringly. But yeah, the clothes..... :love: I also loved that car he blew up...

I just watched The Big Sleep. Rather fun flick.

Nothing and noone will ever equal the chemistry Bogie and Bacall have in that film. Overall, I find Casablanca just a touch more perfect, but the Bogie and Bacall chemistry can't be beaten. If ever I met a woman I so palpably had that with, I wouldn't think twice about marrying her.

VitaminG

One of the Regulars
I enjoyed Shutter Island. Had read the book some time ago and so was interested to see how it would translate. I thought they did a good job.

Last night I watched Red Cliff.

lynnequintana

New in Town
I had a movie marathon last saturday, some of my favorite Audrey Hepburn movies. I watched them again: Roman Holiday, Breakfast at Tiffany's, Sabrina, & Paris when it Sizzles. :)

Widebrim

I'll Lock Up
Currently watching Pitfall (1948) with Dick Powell, Lizabeth Scott, Raymond Burr (big as a house) and a rather good-looking, witty Jane Wyatt (pre-Father Knows Best); directed by Andre' de Toth. It's about a married insurance man who gets tired of his drab, routine life and somehow gets involved with Scott, her locked-up boyfriend, and her unwelcome suitor, Burr.

LizzieMaine

Bartender
Just finished a special screening of "Exit Thru The Gift Shop," the ultimate commentary on the ineffable gullibility of the hipster art world -- and by extension, the ridiculousness of modern "cool" counterculture itself. Mr. Banksy is a remarkable combination of Marcel Duchamp, P. T. Barnum, and the Kingfish.

Last edited:

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
Thanks for bringing this to my attention. I've been fascinated by Banksy for a few years now, and would love to see how he turns this on its head.

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
Animal House - first time for me. I love Stripes and all of those old goof-ball movies, but this just sucked. I can't believe how long it's held up as some sort of icon.

Yeps

Call Me a Cab
Animal House - first time for me. I love Stripes and all of those old goof-ball movies, but this just sucked. I can't believe how long it's held up as some sort of icon.

I agree with you there. It just did not strike me as funny at all.

W-D Forties

Practically Family
Just finished a special screening of "Exit Thru The Gift Shop," the ultimate commentary on the ineffable gullibility of the hipster art world -- and by extension, the ridiculousness of modern "cool" counterculture itself. Mr. Banksy is a remarkable combination of Marcel Duchamp, P. T. Barnum, and the Kingfish.

There are lots of Banksy's dotted around Britain, years ago when I lived in London they were quite a few I used to pass every day. One of my former students had one on his uncles house in Brightona and it increased the value of his house several times over. There's one of a giant rat pained on the facade of a disused pub in my home town of Liverpool and it's so valuable that no-one can afford to buy the building now, so it's becoming an eyesore and falling apart!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindawalters