Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

swinggal

One Too Many
Blazing Saddles - was on TV. Still cracks me up in parts. Would be called so very un-PC these days...Mel Brooks always took things to the edge....hehe.

Lillemor

One Too Many
Le ragazze di San Frediano (TV 2007) I recognized the actor who usually plays Inspector Coliandro. I had a terrible trouble finding the Italian Title because on my TV the TV film title was changed to something Danish which I only remembered in parts ('Pigernes Sheik' is the complete Danish "translation") but after two hours of searching on tv film/italy/italian/aldo/bob/Giampaolo Morelli (as I slowly remembered more and more) I not only found the title but also found out that there's a 1955 version I'd love to see now. Only problem is that I tend to prefer which ever version I've seen of something first regardless of which is the original version. I wish I'd seen the 1955 version first.

Giampaolo's portrayal of Aldo is the same as his portrayal of Inspector Coliandro. I don't know if he's a typecast actor who can't play different roles or if he was chosen for the part of Aldo and typecast because he's known for his portrayal of Coliandro.

I've developed a weakness for Italian TV comedies recently. Inspector Coliandro is in the action-comedy genre and Le ragazze di San Frediano is a romantic comedy in two parts.

Edward

Bartender
OSS-117 Cairo: Nest of Spies. A French Bond-spoof of sorts - superbly put together, and very, very funny in that subtle way the French do so well. Catch it before Hollywood do a rubbish remake!

Leesensei

One of the Regulars
Late last night I was watching a bit of Scrooged on AMC. My wife and I saw that Airplane was coming on next. We decided that even though it was late and we needed to to be in bed, that we had to stay up to watch a few minutes of this great movie. We ended up watching almost the entire movie! :) What a classic comedy!

Lee

AmateisGal

I'll Lock Up
Home sick, so put in a movie I bought long ago but never watched: Immortal Sergeant with Henry Fonda and Maureen O'Hara. Good flick.

C44Antelope

One of the Regulars
Christmas time tradition - "The 3 Godfathers" with John Wayne, Pedro Armendariz, Harry Carey Jr. and the always great Ward Bond.

Bob: "Welcome, Arizona. Well that's right friendly!"
Pedro: "Oh-oh. That is why I do not recognize him. She has changed his name. He used to be called 'Tarantula'... you know, a big bug with legs."

CopperNY

A-List Customer
"The Secret Agent". 1880's espionage film starring Bob Hoskins, based on a book by Joseph Conrad. was only so-so. the story was kind of pointless and the only real highlights were Eddie Izzard as a Russian diplomat and Robin Williams as a black market explosives runner.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner