Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Maj.Nick Danger

I'll Lock Up
Animal House - first time for me. I love Stripes and all of those old goof-ball movies, but this just sucked. I can't believe how long it's held up as some sort of icon.

All too true. I disliked this crummy excuse for entertainment from the moment I first wasted 2 hours of my life sitting through it. :eusa_doh:

Wally_Hood

One Too Many
Blues in the Night (1941) with Priscilla Lane top billed, followed by Betty Field (someone I've never heard of before), then Richard Whorf as Jiggy Pine, then Lloyd Nolan and Jack Carson. Directed by Anton Litvak and featuring Elia Kazan before he moved behind the camera. High speed slang and wise cracks with on the lam convicts running illegal gambling joints, an incredible psychological break down montage, and lots of singin' and swingin'.

Mr Vim

One Too Many
I just finished Miracle on 34th Street, the newer version. I really enjoy this movie, for the comedy, Richard Attenborough's performance as Kris Kringle (the scene where he signs the little girl gets me everytime) and every suit that Dylon Mcdermott wears (look at them all again, very traditional and wide lapelled.)

Widebrim

I'll Lock Up
Blues in the Night (1941) with Priscilla Lane top billed, followed by Betty Field (someone I've never heard of before), then Richard Whorf as Jiggy Pine, then Lloyd Nolan and Jack Carson. Directed by Anton Litvak and featuring Elia Kazan before he moved behind the camera. High speed slang and wise cracks with on the lam convicts running illegal gambling joints, an incredible psychological break down montage, and lots of singin' and swingin'.

I've got to check that one out.

C44Antelope

One of the Regulars
OK peoples. Due to the Film Noir thread, I looked up "Out of the Past". I had never heard of it, or seen it before. I wish I had seen it years ago. That was a fun one to watch. All the good statements seem waranted. Thanks.

Oh, and if you're looking for a good Robert Mitchum Oater, forget about El Dorado, find "Blood on the Moon".

Cricket

Practically Family
It is a tradition for my family to watch the Wizard of Oz every year when it airs on television. Even though we have seen it a million times, we each get just as excited as we were when we were children. Last night, our two year old son was exposed to the tradition and I think he loved it. Aside from our son's constant swaying to the music, and the finger pointing and "gasps" when the Wicked Witch appeared, my husband and I contributed with our humming.

Great classic movie that I am proud my son likes just as much as I did when I was a child. There is just something about seeing that same look in your child's eyes that was in yours years before.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner